We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

English is a language not a measure of intelligenc

Tagged: 

Josh Taylor jtaloha

English is a language not a measure of intelligenc

12/07/2017 at 03:07

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to the forums and is working to help build a better world by tackling some of our most impactful problems, like plastic pollution. I especially appreciate those who bravely express their ideas despite what limitations they may have in the English language, or how the magic of the internet ends up translating it. We all have limitations and differences. In the end it’s great to be able to communicate with people around the world and see how much we all have in common.

(Ironic that the 50 character limit resulted in me misspelling intelligence 🙂

6 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
06/10/2017 at 21:36

Well said, @jtaloha, I can only agree!
Thanks to all the people out there who are struggling but at least trying to communicate in english 🙂

starter
06/10/2017 at 22:46

Me too, a Language is used to transport or communicate thoughts from one human brain to another human brain and gramma is just a orientation like the white stripes on every street, “They help you to find a way but even if you cross them you are able to get to where you wanted to be”

starter
06/11/2017 at 18:42

I am rather well-versed in the use of translating tools… 😎
Bring on your non-English!

You’re a hero for taking on this project, whowever you are, where ever you’re from.

helper
06/12/2017 at 10:29

@amdnox I love the analogy. I live in an English speaking country and have had German, Dutch, Swiss and French people stay with me. I try very hard to learn some of their language, even if it’s just to say good morning I hope you slept well, I think if people try and as you say if they don’t get it 100% correct who cares. The intent and the drive to share and help is the most important thing!

starter
11/12/2017 at 11:37

Avec Google Translate même si ce n’est pas la panacée ça permet de se comprendre:

Merci à tous.
Je voulais juste dire merci à tous ceux qui contribuent aux forums et travaille pour aider à construire un monde meilleur en s’attaquant à certains de nos problèmes les plus percutants, comme la pollution plastique. J’apprécie particulièrement ceux qui expriment leurs idées avec courage malgré les limitations qu’ils peuvent avoir dans la langue anglaise, ou comment la magie de l’Internet finit par le traduire. Nous avons tous des limites et des différences. En fin de compte, c’est génial de pouvoir communiquer avec les gens du monde entier et de voir ce que nous avons tous en commun.

(Ironique que la limite de 50 caractères a abouti à moi l’intelligence faute d’orthographe 🙂

starter
11/12/2017 at 15:18

My English will not be the limit, sky is the limit.
I’ll not be fluent in English today. IT’s not my target but I’ll try to implement a
selective sorting of our garbage at home.

Not sure all words are correct but who cares ….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪