We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

(NEW) experimentation at home pictures

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Klaus 2 months ago.

Jimi Blesgraaf jims

(NEW) experimentation at home pictures

27/05/2018 at 11:34

Hi, i have been melting some plastic at home. I used a 5euro oven and materials from home or second hand shops. I have been doing these experiments so see how plastic reacts and what the possibilitys are. I can say I am surprised that I could manage to create these shapes with minimal tools and knowledge.
The most amazing thing are the colours, I find it so beautifull, every time I am surprised of what I created with plastic. The material is so beautifull but totally misuderstood and used in the wrong way. Thank you Precious Plastic for this big inspiration source

Attachments:
14 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
4 likes
sort on most likes
helper
27/05/2018 at 11:40

Foto’s

Attachments:
helper
27/05/2018 at 11:42

More pictures

Attachments:
helper
27/05/2018 at 11:45

The last ones

Attachments:
warrior
28/05/2018 at 17:49

Hey there @jims !

Nice experimenting going on there ! I love the blue textured product you showed on first serie of photos!
Do you mind explaining your process on the 2nd serie of photos ? Looks like the white bowl is already recycled; is it a remelt ?
The photo #1 of serie 3 & 4 seems to have burnt; did you notice any difference in your process (or type of plastic ?)

Looking forward to see some more testings !!

Peace
Nick

helper
30/05/2018 at 13:26

Hi there @imuh , thanks for your respond.

The white bowl was the first bowl I made, I wasn’t satisfied with the result so I melted it again. About your other question, yes it is burned. When I was melting the plastic in my oven the neightbor asked me: What are you doing, are you melting plastic or what?Than exactly at that moment the plastic caught on fire……..

It was to long in the oven on 250 degrees

warrior
30/05/2018 at 18:42

it caught fire ? whuuuuuuuuuuuut ?
What type of plastic were you using ? 😮 never read or experimented a plastic which would take fire at such temperature…
must have been additives also…

starter
12/07/2018 at 19:11

can you tell me how you made small pieces of the plastic without a shredder?

helper
18/08/2018 at 18:24

@wagwan sorry for this late respond but i did not made the plastic in small pieces. The best i could do is to break it or smash it and than put it in the oven piece by piece

new
14/09/2018 at 14:33

What did you use as mold?

helper
15/09/2018 at 19:23

@sanneoo I have been using multiple molds, all came from the second hand shop. I have used mostly 2 pieces of glas that would fit in eachother like a bowl or 2 glasses. Making a perfect product will be difficult but for me it made it easy to experiment and getting me more interested to create more things.

helper
15/09/2018 at 19:44

On the pictures belowe you can see the latest things I have made, they are not perfect and in the way how I have been working they will never be. I’ve been doing everything by myself with minimal investments and not with all the effort I got in me. I feel a little bit guilty about all the things I have made ‘useless’ like a little oven, towels, gloves and some glass molts, and of course the plastics. On 15 october I will move to Pontevedra in Spain and I am planning to work more profesional and with a plan of things that i want to build. If there is anybody who wants to have my oven that is still usefull to start experimenting with plastic or to have the things from plastic that I have created  (to remelt)  please contact me I am living in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

However I hope that I have inspired someone to just start working with plastic, I will continue to post my progress on this forum. if you are curious why and what I am going to do in Spain, I will make a post about it.

O yeah and I got a Instagram account as you can see on the pictures named: _fantastic_plastic_

I am now to busy with packing my stuff, saving up money and a lot of other things I need to take care of to move to Spain but around 15 october I will become more active and share how everything is going with networking and creating.

Attachments:
helper
15/09/2018 at 19:58

On the pictures belowe you can see the latest things I have made, they are not perfect and in the way how I have been working they will never be. I’ve been doing everything by myself with minimal investments and not with all the effort I got in me.

I feel a little bit guilty about all the things I have made ‘useless’ like a little oven, towels, gloves and some glass molts, and of course the plastics. On 15 october I will move to Pontevedra in Spain and I am planning to work more profesional and with a plan of things that i want to build. If there is anybody who wants to have my oven that is still usefull to start experimenting with plastic or to have the things from plastic that I have created  (to remelt)  please contact me I am living in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

However I hope that I have inspired someone to just start working with plastic, I will continue to post my progress on this forum. if you are curious why and what I am going to do in Spain, I will make a post about it.

O yeah and I got a Instagram account as you can see on the pictures named: _fantastic_plastic_
I am now to busy with packing my stuff, saving up money and a lot of other things I need to take care of to move to Spain but around 15 october I will become more active and share how everything is going with networking and creating.

Attachments:
helper
15/09/2018 at 20:05

On the pictures below I put some melted plastic betweeen glass windows, I didnt worked out at all because I was hoping for a thin smooth sheet but I learned that accident are so usefull and give new inspiration. I dont know about you guys but I can see somany crazy things in these colours and shapes like a big face ( on both sides) or a blue orange duck with sunglasses (picture 2). I know I am a little bit crazy but tell me what you guys can see in this abstract ‘art piece’. ( I have learned that if something looks weird just call it art)

Attachments:
helper
15/09/2018 at 20:49

The first one is really a face, incredible, with a huge brain. And i love the reflex to put a lighter for reference!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.