We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

External universal microphone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JoelSherrard 5 years ago.

joventango joventango

External universal microphone

29/10/2014 at 10:53

I’ve seen you’re planning to build a block with external mic input, but what characteristics should have an external mic to be really good for everything? Thats my idea. A Mid-Side microphone that gives you the possibility to choose between those options- Hypercardioid mid (mono)- Cardioid mid (mono)- Mid-side 90° (stereo)- Mid-side 120° (stereo)- Mid-side separated (double mono).Of course it should work with it’s own battery instead of phantom.

5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
29/10/2014 at 14:30

2icyhot wrote: I’ve seen you’re planning to build a block with external mic input, but what characteristics should have an external mic to be really good for everything? Thats my idea. A Mid-Side microphone that gives you the possibility to choose between those options- Hypercardioid mid (mono)- Cardioid mid (mono)- Mid-side 90° (stereo)- Mid-side 120° (stereo)- Mid-side separated (double mono).Of course it should work with it’s own battery instead of phantom. Thanks for these helpful notes. Since you seem to have knowledge in microphones you could give us an advice for a good setup.

29/10/2014 at 16:29

Niklas_Hoffmann wrote: Thanks for these helpful notes. Since you seem to have knowledge in microphones you could give us an advice for a good setup. I agree with Nik, this note is extremely helpful for the community. Thank you joventango.

30/10/2014 at 05:10

Interesting idea, joventango!

15/11/2014 at 12:18

So? Are you working on it? 🙂

starter
17/12/2014 at 06:27

great idea ! I’m sure it is being taken into consideration 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪