We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Extruder Dies

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 6 months ago.

Butte Metz btmetz

Extruder Dies

14/02/2018 at 02:45

How hard would it be to design a extruder die that made pipe? Similar to the pasta extruder design?

This would be very useful to make lower cost plumbing pipe for homes, and aquaponics.

Attachments:
6 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Extruder Dies

dedicated
14/02/2018 at 22:39

Good idea…

warrior
15/02/2018 at 01:23

@btmetz interesting idea! The main issue to solve here I think would be the rapid cooling of the Pipe once out of the machine. And getting an evwnly thick pipe. Else, your drawings look promising!
Keep us updated 🙂

helper
15/02/2018 at 02:28

We can use water just like the printer filament. Videos of commercial machines are all over YouTube. Its just something that could be done on small scale that so far I have only seen the Indians doing so far.

dedicated
15/02/2018 at 07:25

@btmetz I have seen the same set of videos but also instead of water cooling how about using air instead blowing into the pipe to keep its shapeand cooling a the same time. Would you extrude like a beam and pull it out as it extrudes? Very interested in what you come up with. Also how did you do your drawing?

warrior
15/02/2018 at 13:51

It is possible, but its rather difficult cause you are splitting the plastic (at the place with the small holes) and then it needs to fully melt together again after that. Often you get “weldmarks” where the plastic is weaker than the rest.

helper
15/02/2018 at 21:04

bigger or more holes and watercooling…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.