We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Extrusion machine questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 months ago.

ELORA WAGNER elorawagner

Extrusion machine questions

23/07/2019 at 12:39

Hi,

My name is Elora, I’ve created my little business @craftplastic (you can take a look in Instagram and Facebook), but all of my machines aren’t finished yet! I have a question about the extrusion machine more precisely about the transformator (ajustable speed). What kind of tranformator I need, and if you have some references it will be amazing to share it!
Thank you very much!

Craft Plastic

Attachments:
6 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
new
23/07/2019 at 17:39

@sharma-sagar, can you take care about the open questions today ? i am out for today. thanks

new
23/07/2019 at 18:50

Hi @elorawagner,
you need a ‘VFD‘ but according to your motor power. Can you add a picture of the motor plate ? Is it 3 phase ?
thanks.

starter
24/07/2019 at 12:55

Hi, okay I will check, I don’t have one yet but it will be this one I think ! Thanks for your answer!

Attachments:
24/07/2019 at 13:04

Oh dear; in this case please upload a picture of the motor as well? I can’t find it on the web and some questions remain : is it 3phase motor ? And what extrusion screw do you use ? Any details will help; very likely this motor is unfit. Best fit is 0.75Kw – 3phase at 1:30, for both type of screws; For production purpose we rather recommend 2+ Kw.

I updated the motor guide / section in the wiki

starter
24/07/2019 at 15:11

@chepp all the information you need are in the previous picture, it’s an 1 phase (I can’t have a 3ph) and the power it’s 0.25 someone already told me that’s enough but I can change it. My screw is 2 Spiral wood wick put together!

24/07/2019 at 15:30

Ok thanks;

Yes, you can power a 3 phase motor with VFD on a single phase line as mentioned in the motor guide.

Anyways, I don’t know how big the capacitors on this motor are, normally you’d need 2 on them; one for starting, and one for running. Please search ebay or amazon for ‘VFD 1Kw single phase‘; make sure it’s outputting single phase, usually labeled with ‘U’ and ‘V’, and an optional ‘W’ on the terminals.

Other than that; here some remarks about speed regulation on single phase motors, basically pointing out that the max. frequency drop of about 20%.

I have never used single phase for this application but may be others have more sources. In case it’s too weak; take the filter out.

If you need more help, ping me; we still have free support slots today; ‘Anne’ can call you, she speaks french.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪