We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Fantasy of a thief

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tina Matlock 1 day ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Fantasy of a thief

10/10/2015 at 14:33

Didn’t had a place to sleep when I was in Copenhagen last month. So I asked the crowd for help. Amazing to see there are people out there wo simply trust others.

8 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Fantasy of a thief

new
10/10/2015 at 19:53

I find this verry kind of him, but on my side I have this rule of “Don’t trust no body but you’re self.” Now then for friends I “trust” them for like lending my room, I know that they won’t steal any thing from me because the friendship we have has a higher value things I have and they won’t risk to break the frienship by steeling things.

But also on my trip to England some one asked for my phone in the airport, even if I didn’t really trust him I lent him my phone because if he tryed to run off with it well there was no were to go past security and things.
My point it dosn’t stop me lending things or helping people out.

That’s how I trust people, not saying it’s the right way and every body should do the same, just saying it’s my way and works out so far for me.

Just wanted to share my ways and my point of view take it as you’re pleased.

Kind regards to everyone <3 <3 <3

helper
11/11/2015 at 11:57

So, @sadiquecat, have you tried complete trust? If not, how do you know (like you imply) that you’d be worse off? Also, how did you come to the conclusion that your version of trust is the best way to go for you? Genuinely curious.

new
17/11/2015 at 02:13

Hi @tomashalberstad
No not that I can think of, well I do completely trust some people but on a mental side (I talk to them about me feelings and thinks like that) but these people are internet friends.

Now then I do conclude that id be worse off by observing people who do trust others does get disappointed, sometimes that trust is broken by something that dosn’t matter and they are not at all botherd about it,but my point of view is a person that they trusted broke it and one day it might be on something they do care about!

And I do conclude that this way works best for me by personal experience, nothing bad, but just figuring out that it dosn’t harm me to do it this way so I might as well do it.

I hope that I have satisfied your curiosity 🙂 <3

helper
17/11/2015 at 16:32

@sadiquecat Well, a bit. And thanks for your answer. The answer that you give that you’d be worse off using complete trust is a bit unsatisfactory though. The examples you give are only from people who’ve given complete trust, only for the trust to be broken. You give no examples, though there must be, of people giving complete trust where the trust hasn’t been broken. I admit, this is a very hard thing to observe on a large scale. However if you break it down in to small episodes, like lending out your apartment, lending money, telling a secret, it’s easier to observe and, I would assume, much more common in your surroundings of trust being honored rather than broken. If you then out the broken trust against the honored trust and then weighing it against your method of not trusting therefor not doing, I would say that you would be worse off now. Certainly I would. No?

new
27/11/2015 at 14:39

Hello @tomashalberstad
Sorry for not replying sooner!
Yes I do agree trust is more honord than dishonored, but my point of view it is does fail sometimes, but on most cases my rules do apply on these trusts, even if the people’s trusting dosn’t do it thinking with my way of trust the rules of it stil aplies, I can only think of two cases so far where they don’t :
When I lent some money to a friend and he could of not returned it, but luckely he did.
And when Dave here went to sleep at Kenneth.

Thinking a bit Kenneth accommodating Dave could of happend with my way, if Dave was to steal things from Kenneth imagine the scandal I think Dave had more to lose if he stole items from Kenneth, but if it was with an other person, my “trust” wouldn’t apply.

Now then I’m asking my self is the regular trust is broken, is it misjudging some one and so we can only blame our selves, or is it being unlucky and losing a gambling?

When I do trust people the regular way, I do it concidering it more as a gift and accepting it being broken and losing what ever I’m lending.

For secrets I try keep them for my self, I try to tell any one my secrets because I just don’t see how it could be any use for them or me, but sometimes I just have a bad self control and speak about them to my internet friends.

I still think my way works out best for me, as the negative sides of it are negligible and I just think the regular way has to much risk for the small benifits from it.

cordially and with love <3

helper
04/12/2015 at 12:07

Thank you @sadiqurcat for the answer!
Anyone else in the community have any experience in this?
Anyone who lives after a complete trust principle?

new
10/05/2016 at 17:34

This video just made my day. The guy is so calm that he’s even creepy! I’m curious if Dave went to bed with a knife, just in case.. 🙂

new
16/12/2018 at 03:22

I relate so much to the host. I have complete and utter blind trust most of the time. It hasn’t always worked out in my favor, as I’ve been taken advantage of from time to time, but I’d rather live my life believing people are good.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.