Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Finished building?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Noyes 18 hours ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Finished building?

15/09/2016 at 21:52

AWESOME!

1 – Send us a picture
It would be really great if you could share a few pictures of the things you made here in the community.This is SUPER valuable feedback for us and probably an inspiration for others

*As an inspiration you can have a look at @mattia-io post on his Hacked Extrusion Machine. We love long and detailed articles like that one but we’re generally very happy to see even shorter version with a few images, reflection and considerations.

2 – Join the Precious Plastic map
We started a map to gather all worldwide development, we will add you here as soon as you started your own topic. This way people could get in contact and learn from your experience.

3 – Show off
Use hashtag #preciousplastic to share your updates on social media, we love to see this!

4 – Free domain name
If you are setting up a website for the project we can offer you your own.preciousplastic.com domainname, for free

5 – lab.preciousplastic.com
We will use all the above information to source updates from the community and post them on lab.preciousplastic.com

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

helper
12/11/2016 at 18:05

Gruppo lame ✅

Attachments:
Toggle replies
helper
19/12/2016 at 09:02

Trituratore ✅

Attachments:
Toggle replies
helper
19/02/2017 at 04:54

Hello, we finished building the extrusion machine in Brasil!

Our website is: megatec.center

Thank You

Andrade

Attachments:
Toggle replies
starter
21/04/2017 at 04:59

@davehakkens

I am almost completely built but the shredding axe is all thats left, however I am having difficulty getting the total surface area of stainless steel needed. Do you have a number for the square millimeters(or inches, since I am in Canada and we get majority of materials from US) for stainless? I’ve made some of my own modifications as well to utilize mobility more (like a caster roller attachment) and to utilize our Single Phase voltage over here (rotary phase converters)

Toggle replies
warrior
21/04/2017 at 10:16

hi @arcturusfire13 we haven’t got that overview surface sheet. Yet. Maybe someone else here i the forums? Make sure to share your modification here in the forums, would love to see it!

Toggle replies
starter
28/05/2017 at 03:38

I build a plastic grinder of a cross cut shredder it’s doing fine but I try to figure how to mack it grind for smaller pieces for the next machine I build the extruder for 3d printer

Toggle replies
starter
25/10/2017 at 22:10

Almost ready

Attachments:
Toggle replies
warrior
26/10/2017 at 00:40

is that a double axe shredder @swets? Looking forward to see that one running 😎

Toggle replies
helper
19/11/2017 at 07:16

I was going to ask why there wasn’t one of these out yet!
Good to see.

Toggle replies
helper
24/11/2017 at 17:52

Hello, we made modifications and redesigned the extruder.
We also ordered a industrial screw from China so the output of the machine is improved.

Here are some pics.

Next step is to make the machine more compact, so we are going to replace the motor and worm gear by smaller motor with same torque from China.

The price for this machine is US$2.000,00

Best Regards to all

Attachments:
Toggle replies
starter
25/11/2017 at 04:56

For a finer grind just replace the mesh screen under the grinder with one with smaller holes in the size you need

Toggle replies
helper
27/11/2017 at 11:05

@andrade is the modifications you made available to the public anywhere? this looks amazing

Toggle replies
helper
27/11/2017 at 15:33

Hello Willyk, thank you for your nice comment.

We are still testing the machine and waiting for new (smaller) motor;

We will redesign the bodywork (the external laser cut metal sheets that give the machine its exterior look) because it is too heavy.

We are also working in a way to make barrel replacement easier because
it is not recommended to use different kids of plastic with the same barrel.

Once we have all modifications done we will let you know.

If the design becomes good enough we can make it available for public use.

Best Regards

Andrade

Attachments:
Toggle replies
helper
10/12/2017 at 05:40

Hi all,

We have completed our Shredder/ Extruder unit after 2 years of testing and refining. Currently in the Pacific islands demonstrating the unit. Building our first 5 machines to be sent out by April, then the next 5 over 6-12 months. Happy to answer any questions, we aim to reach the remote and under-developed islands where waste management is a major issue.

Attachments:
Toggle replies
dedicated
10/12/2017 at 13:05

Looks very nice. Is it a shredder on one end and an extruder on the other, one motor in the centre?

Toggle replies
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.