We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Free moulds making class

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mathias rønne 1 year ago.

Olivier xxxolivierxxx

Free moulds making class

08/02/2017 at 19:44

Hello Everyone 🙂
Just wanted to let you know that Instructables has a free course of Mould Making this week. If you are interested, just go to the Course Link and enroll. There’s no need to take the course right after you enroll, you can just add the course to your enrollments list and take it at your own pace, however, I do recommend to enroll asap since many instructables classes that are offered for free, are only free for a limited amount of time, but once you are enrolled, the course remains free for you forever.

11 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
new
12/02/2017 at 20:08

Thank youu! 🙂

helper
08/03/2017 at 20:47

Great! Thank you!

helper
20/03/2017 at 17:18

I’m crazy about DIY but I didn’t know Instructables! Great sharing, thank you 🙂

warrior
27/11/2017 at 07:55

@emjey Instructables is truly an awesome website for DIY lovers

helper
27/11/2017 at 15:10

I am a graduate model maker who has been working with these materials professionally for 5 years, if anyone has any further questions about the materials, their properties, measuring the right quantities, suppliers, pouring techniques, health and safety…. I’m your guy!

starter
27/11/2017 at 19:49

Just did the class,good stuff! Thanks!

dedicated
27/11/2017 at 20:55

Thanks a bunch!
Just wondering, she said alot about Chokolate, Crayons and soap.. Can this mold making class be used with plastic?

helper
27/11/2017 at 22:50

Hey @emric did ya ever think of doing a few YouTube tutorial videos for making moulds?

helper
28/11/2017 at 00:09

I would of loved to but sadly I don’t have access to that equipment right now… however, I will see what I can do! I’ll get back to you on that 🙂 in the mean time though, ask away.

helper
28/11/2017 at 00:18

Anris- the thing with plastics and Moulds like this is, one: the heat will effect your mould drastically, all silicone contains moisture and heat will dry it out and make it crack, plus it could burn if the plastic is too hot. I would imagine it would not cure the plastic quickly since the heat will be retained by the silicone. I have heated silicone moulds to 70 degrees to boost my catalyst in the resin but that mould started to burn as soon as it got higher.
Two: depending on the density of your silicone, the pressure from the injection moulder could bloat the mould, leaving a bad cast.
I have started a discussion about mould making on one of the forums called, injection moulding and 3D printing, have a look 🙂

dedicated
28/11/2017 at 00:28

Thank you @emric i shall go there at once! 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪