Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Germany what up?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Katharina Elleke 3 weeks ago.

Flo amdnox

Germany what up?

08/02/2017 at 17:57

Hey Germany,

What up with you?
Why are there just 2 spots in Germany where People builded a machine.
Is it because of the “recycling system” or what is it?
I Like Building things and I´m going to move to Frankfurt this summer so I would like to know if there are some folks want to start something?

1+
11/02/2017 at 10:33

Hi Flo, I’m Flo too!
I live in Vienna, Austria, so at least it’s “only” 6 3/4 hours of train ride between the two of us. 😀
In Austria, we have pretty good recyling programmes too, but still, most of the plastics just get burned(Except for PET). So if you are interested in building a shredder, maybe we could order two sets of lasercut parts to save some Euros. 🙂

Toggle replies
2+
28/02/2017 at 21:00

Hi Flo 🙂
I’m going to move to Frankfurt aswell this summer… Won’t have space to do it myself there, so let me know when you are going to start building a machine, would love to help!
Cheers Theresa

Toggle replies
2+
02/03/2017 at 23:38

Hey Theresa,

What do you mean why there are two spots in Germany? I cannot find any and really need one. Did you find any in Germany already?

Armik

Toggle replies
5+
08/03/2017 at 23:40

Hi guys, there are so many people who are keen on building the shredder in Germany! I think we should try to keep german Precious Plastic news and input under this topic now (or is there such a group already? Any ideas?).

Also, I just found a facebook group “Precious Plastic Germany” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1759129504308585/?ref=ts&fref=ts), which might be helpful to connect and share input!

Just went through the posts in “Welcome! Meet eachother” and found the following members (hope this is helping some of you to connect):

Frankfurt:
@lucky6
@litschi95 (soon)
@amdnox (soon)
@nonkonform

Berlin:
@martinn
@kevink
@fisherphillips
@silversson
@jallar (still in Berlin?)
– Have you been able to build up a bigger network and start building?
@janine
@goerl

Dresden:
@carlf

Stuttgart:
@godpepper
@frency

Braunschwaig:
@claud
@sculptureclash

@reallyrosie (from where?)
@chrissyw (from where?)
@ayordeky (from where?)

Anyone in Munich (where I am staying)?

Toggle replies
3+
09/03/2017 at 08:51

Hey Katharina,

thanks for bringing all of us together!

I didn´t notice any activity in Berlin so far. I also won´t be able to set up something in the next few weeks (too many projects).

All the best!
Kevin

p.s. You have a cool website, it would be great to see you melting your skills with homegrown recycled plastic.

Toggle replies
3+
10/03/2017 at 21:37

Hey ho,
greetings from Dresden!
We’re going to start in the next few weeks.
I will build the injection machine and a group of student’s (kunststoffschmiede) will build a shredder + extruder.
There are also people in Dresden, who work on a big city recycling project. But they have to wait till the BMU confirms a sponsorship.
We build these machines in an open workspace called Rosenwerk (https://konglomerat.org/). So when you don’t know where to build your precious plastic machines look out for
-Maker space
-Fablabs
-Offene Werkstätten
or other workshops in your city. Don’t be afraid to contact them!

@katharinaelleke Well yes, I haven’t found an working precious plastic network in Germany too. So let’s get as many german folks in this topic as possible.

@flo-2 It’s a good idea to order lasercut set’s together to save money. Another way could be the university workshops. Usually they have the machines (lasercuter, watercutter, cnc, etc.) to cut the shredder parts, and they could be a lot cheaper.

Furthermore we should collect a list of german merchants for all the machine parts we need to get started.

Keep pace!

Toggle replies
4+
10/03/2017 at 21:53

@katharinaelleke
let’s add Austria too! 😀

Graz
@brianlm
@lukas_lang

Innsbruck
@preciousplasticsaustria

Wien
@flo-2

In the meantime, I’ve ordered at 247tailorsteel already and since I bought two sets I only payed about 200€ per set. I would recommend ordering there too! (Pricing is amazing)

Und im Grunde könnten wir auch Deutsch schreiben, oder? 😀

Toggle replies
2+
14/03/2017 at 13:34

Hallo,

Ich würde auch gerne ein Recycling Projekt starten.
Ich bin gerade dabei meine Werkstatt auszuräumen und zu renovieren, grob geschätzt 30m², welche ich dann zur Verfügung hätte. Habe auch schon ein paar Teile für die Maschinen. Ich suche Leute die mir beim Bau helfen können.
Wenn jemand Interesse hat, meldet euch. Ich wohne ca 40min vom Frankfurter(a.M.) HBF.

LG
Leon

Toggle replies
2+
16/03/2017 at 17:30

Hallo @flo-2,

bin aus Graz, kannst mich gerne auf die Liste schreiben 🙂
Suche nach Leuten die sich vernetzen wollen und gemeinsam einen Workshop aufbauen wollen!

Liebe Grüße
Lukas

Toggle replies
1+
16/03/2017 at 20:01

@lukas_lang done 🙂

I think I will build a compression oven after building the shredder, whit which I will produce plastic plates. These plates are easy to work with for everybody, so you can lasercut, drill, saw, glue it etc. without having the need for big machines. 😀

Toggle replies
3+
17/03/2017 at 16:49

Heyo!
Thanks for adding Austria @flo-2!

First of all I would suggest to stick to English as long as we are on this website, where people from all over the world want to see what’s going on.
But we COULD start a new conversation via email/facebook or something like that to make it easier and more accessible for us to communicate? What would you prefer?

And now I have an important question for you guys:
WHO would like to order the metal parts with me?
As a bigger group we can surely get it cheaper and if I know how many people would like to order (and how much you can pay), I can order for us all!
Still have to find a place where to order, but already got one contact where you can get one set for 100€! (At least thats the information I got).
So, who wants one (or more) set of the metal parts?
And what is the price you are able/willing to pay?

Best,
Kat

I’ll just add the whole german/austrian group again (To make sure you get the notifications).

GERMANY
Berlin: @martinn @kevink @fisherphillips @silversson @jallar @janine @goerl
Braunschwaig: @claud @sculptureclash
Dresden: @carlf
Munich: @katharinaelleke
Frankfurt: @lucky6 @litschi95 @amdnox @nonkonform
Stuttgart: @godpepper @frency
Cologne: @sirihuebner
Aachen: @tobix
Somewhere else(?): @reallyrosie @chrissyw @ayordeky

AUSTRIA
Graz: @brianlm @lukas_lang
Innsbruck: @preciousplasticsaustria
Wien: @flo-2

Toggle replies
2+
17/03/2017 at 17:03

Hi,

thank you for add in this community talk.
its a good idea to start a german group for share all ideas and tipps together.
and yes, english is better even its not so good some of us ( my english to ;))
.i have a metall dealer in braunschweig.
i paid for all lasercut parts ~90€.

Toggle replies
3+
17/03/2017 at 17:28

Hello together, Cheers from Stuttgart! 🙂

First of all a big thank to you katharina, for gathering all People from Germany 🙂

Sorry for the time I needed, I was very busy because of work the last weeks.

So, in STUTTGART, we are currently building one.

Quite slowly (I’m the “Project leader” and have a lot of activities) , but the Shredder is almost finished ; we are making the electricity supply now.

I can’t really help for the pieces, because I asked my Company if they would afford it. I barely imagine asking for other People, unfortunately :/
But for me it was free. So if anyone of you work in a production Company, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂

@frency : As you live in Stuttgart too, if you are interested, we can meet at the Workshop where I’m working?

For the contact : No Facebook for me, I’m not on it. So per PM here on this Website, is the only way for reaching me.

If I can help in anyway, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂

See ya:D

Toggle replies
2+
17/03/2017 at 18:53

Hello
Sorry for being away from this chat for quit some time.
I have to Learn and Organize a lot at the moment.
But I’m going to meet a good friend of mine who own´s a company in 4 Weeks and he has a Lasercutter, I will ask him how much I have to pay if he cut me a set.

@litschi95
If I Finale moved to Frankfurt at the summer I will tell you and maybe we could build them together.

Toggle replies
2+
17/03/2017 at 19:15

@lucky6 were are you from ?

Toggle replies
2+
17/03/2017 at 19:17

@amdnox sounds good – would you mind informing us about the price?
(Maybe you can also ask about a discount if we order more sets?)
So we can slowly get an overview about the available places and prices.

And @lucky6 is from Frankfurt (maybe you can read some more of the posts before asking a question which has been answered several times already… :D)

Toggle replies
2+
18/03/2017 at 13:00

Wow! So many people joining this group
For now I think this topic is the best way to communicate, because people who are joining this community could easily get access to this topic. I don’t have Facebook so it’s not really an option for me… Maybe Trello (https://trello.com/) could be an option in future. We use it to organize our open workspace in Dresden, it works like a big notice board. And people who are joining later are able to see what happened before. Please give it a look and give feedback;)

@amdnox that sounds pretty interesting:))
@katharinaelleke I would join the group to order the shredder parts. A price round about 100€ would be nice;)

Toggle replies
2+
18/03/2017 at 14:31

Hey there, here is Martin from Berlin! 🙂
No activities in Berlin so far :/
Also please stop mention our names with ‘@’ because i get 4 Mails a day that some one metioned me in his comment 🙂

Toggle replies
3+
19/03/2017 at 03:43

Jihaa.. nice to see what is happening here..

I need to send the files for the shredder and the extruder to gb-z.de and they will send me the price for the cutting soon.. but 90Euros sounds already quite good.. (For what? the shredder parts, all or ????)

Another solution.. I will build a cnc soon.. and I think about to buy a cheap plasma cutter… for around 200 Euros.. and at it to the cnc…

Orderd already the first parts.. but about the plasma cutter I´m not sure..

Anybody here build already the shredder or the extruder?

Toggle replies
3+
19/03/2017 at 10:07

@katharinaelleke
For sure, my plan is to offer the parts for the machines at prime costs to the community.
But I guess 90€ is yet a good price.

Toggle replies
3+
19/03/2017 at 10:38

Guys 90€ isn’t a “good price” Dave bought his parts for 120€ and I haven’t seen anyone writing that’s expensive. Some people even paid 500€ because it was the least expensive. So with 90€ you have got an amazing deal! (I am relieved that I found a company where I payed only 200€) Maybe consider telling Dave & the team, this could be a big step for the shredder starter kit in P.P.3.0. 😀

Toggle replies
5+
19/03/2017 at 15:25

Hello everyone!

I am in Graz (AT) building the Shredder and Injection machines for an upcoming Exhibition in May. As we are running quite late, we are working with a company together, which is going to produce some parts of us (welding and stuff).
During the Exhibition we will be doing workshops and producing some objects with the visitors. Here you can find more information about the event:
https://www.facebook.com/unikat.exhibition/?fref=ts
I am also posting the making of process of the machines. For those who are in Graz, specially @lukas_lang : There will be a free shuttle bus during the opening of the exhibition, free entrance as well.
I plan to be finished with the machines in two weeks, because we have to prepare everything for the catalogue and the exhibition. I will be posting more pictures!

Regards
BrianLM

Toggle replies
2+
20/03/2017 at 17:33

That sounds great @brianlm!

Thank you for your invitation, I am really interested about your exhibition 🙂 I am also looking forward to your pictures of the making of the machine!

Are you building the machines primarily for the exhibition or do you have also plans after it?

Lukas

Toggle replies
2+
20/03/2017 at 17:55

Hi again @lukas_lang

I was commissioned by the Association Schloss Hollenegg for Design to built the machines only for the Exhibition and after that they will keep them. It is still not sure what they will do with them after that, but one possibility is that they give them to a children’s school in Hollenegg to do Workshops with the kids. Let’s see!

Toggle replies
3+
22/03/2017 at 23:21

Hello,

I would love to join an order for the laser cut parts for the shredder! (@katharinaelleke)

Wasn’t able to find a website with an affordable price and didn’t had time to ask companies in my area so far. 🙁
If anyone got a good deal for them pls pm me 😉

Leon

Toggle replies
3+
23/03/2017 at 10:19

Alright, @lucky6 @carlf (2x) @lukas_lang @amdnox @baas (maybe 2x) and me ofcourse (maybe also 2x) are on the list for the lasercut order!

Found a website (Laserteile4you), where you can order lasercut parts with good material (stronger steel for the knives!). For one set it is still very expensive, but if we find more people to join the order, we can get a really good price!!
1 set = 421€
5 sets = 152€ per set
10 sets = 124€ per set

We have 7 (maybe even 9!) sets already, so let’s all continue searching for more people who want to order (because I want to order as soon as possible)!

@nonkonform, did you get a price at gb-z.de?
and @amdnox from your friend’s company?

Toggle replies
2+
23/03/2017 at 11:03

Hey @katharinaelleke i dien´t asked him yet, I´m very busy at the moment.
But good that you talk about steal it need to be a ether (Hi carb c30 and above) or a Tool-steal so it is able to be hardened.
Think of this if you try to order them.

Toggle replies
2+
23/03/2017 at 13:40

would you be willing to order from India?

Toggle replies
2+
23/03/2017 at 13:57

@sharma-sagar, depends on the materials/quality and price.
Do you have a good contact there?

Toggle replies
2+
23/03/2017 at 14:07

@katharinaelleke material is SS-304. price depends upon how many are willing to order,and shipping charges will be extra so that I’ll have to find out how much to Germany. But I’ll be able to ship to one location and then youd have to ship from there.

Toggle replies
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.