Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Germany what up?

This topic contains 75 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Flo 2 months ago.

Flo amdnox

Germany what up?

08/02/2017 at 17:57

Hey Germany,

What up with you?
Why are there just 2 spots in Germany where People builded a machine.
Is it because of the “recycling system” or what is it?
I Like Building things and I´m going to move to Frankfurt this summer so I would like to know if there are some folks want to start something?

helper
23/03/2017 at 16:59

I would order two sets;)

Mhm, order steel from india… I don’t like that point: shipping some steel around the globe. Some electronics might have to be imported from far away. But I think we should try to get a good source for the lasercuted parts in Germany.

Greetings
Carl

Toggle replies
starter
23/03/2017 at 21:59

Hey @katharinaelleke

I´m also interested in ordering the shredder parts!
Please keep me updated 🙂

Lukas

Toggle replies
starter
24/03/2017 at 14:38

I will ask today.. (shit weekend..)
Is there a special type of steal what we prefer for the machine?
I had in mind I will send him the files and will ask him what he thinks..

I send him the dxf files from the board?! I read the in the download packet are not there/ or working..

But I need to tell..

Soon (first parts are ordered) i will build a cnc (mostly printed CNC) and if some one can tell me what a laser would coast (what kind of laser /how strong / price) is needed..

Alternativ.. I was thinking for around 200Euro I can get a Plasma cutter for this cnc.. I don´t know if is the right one,.. or strong enough.. maybe I can make some for the community.. But I need a connection with knowleged about this machine…

Toggle replies
starter
28/03/2017 at 23:01

Is there someone around with the ability to manufacture this special Hex Shaft witch is needed to build the shredder?

Toggle replies
warrior
30/03/2017 at 00:16

I bought mine and let it been turned and payed about 30€ for it. I can ask my Metal guy if he can do it for the same price again if you’re interested and then ship it to you.

Toggle replies
starter
30/03/2017 at 10:51

Hello Everyone,

For this Hex shaft, I might have another one, but not sure. PM me if interested 🙂

For finishing the Shredder, I Need a last Piece, the sieve.

Would someone be OK if I take part of his/her order, and then pay the 2 sieves more, and the send costs of course too?

If someone is fine with it (whereever you are in Germany/Swiss/Austria), just PM me.

That would really help me 🙂

Thanks a lot!

See you

Arnaud

Toggle replies
dedicated
31/03/2017 at 10:44

Oh my gosh, people!

I got the best quote ever today!
10 sets (with the 3mm/6mm parts in steel and 5mm parts in stainless steel ss-340) for 650€ (exclusive shipping)!
THAT’S 65€ PER SET!

Manufactured in Braunschweig (thanks @sculptureclash for the contact!)

@lucky6 @carlf (2x) @lukas_lang @amdnox @baas (2x – with this price, I would recommend you to order 2 hehe) and me (2x) are in, right?
So, we only need one more set to be ordered. If anyone wants to join, tell me ASAP, I will order on Monday! – either way!

Toggle replies
starter
31/03/2017 at 11:18

Hey @katharinaelleke!

That information is awesome 🙂 I´m totally in!
Thank you so much for organising the order.

How shall we transfer the money to you? Because I think it is a large amount you have to pay at once!

Lukas

Toggle replies
starter
31/03/2017 at 11:28

wow. thats really nice. im happy for this information

Toggle replies
helper
31/03/2017 at 11:51

Hey @katharinaelleke!
Thankyou thats really good news! And i have good news too^^
I got an email from Daniel Backer who also wants two sets (haha yeah damn right me too two). The only ‘problem’ could be the shipping to Cambodia? I will direct his email to you and let him know 🙂
It looks like we’re about to hit 11 sets.. Right on!;D

Toggle replies
new
31/03/2017 at 17:10

Hello guys,

can someone of you say something about the quality of the injected bodys (Injectioin maschine)?
How strong are they?
In a video from Dave where he made a handlebar or something like that, he could break easily a pin from the body. So? I need a more or less solid body. How can I imagine the strongness?

lg from me

Toggle replies
dedicated
01/04/2017 at 12:02

TEN SETS READY TO BE ORDERED:
@lucky6 @lukas_lang @carlf (2x) @amdnox (2x) @baas (2x) and me (2x)
YAY!

@lucky6 @lukas_lang and @amdnox, can you please send me an email including your PP account name: mail@katharinaelleke.com.
There are some things I would like to organize and it would be much easier via email!

P.S.: Because 10 sets pose the optimal capacity utilization of the metal sheets at the manufacturer in Braunschweig, every new order request from now on will be put on the “waiting list” , until we have enough people to order another 10 sets.

Toggle replies
starter
02/04/2017 at 22:30

Hello together,

just found out about this really cool project. At the moment I don’t have the space to build anything on my own but I got a workshop, tools and experiance metal working. So if anybody is intressted in a team project or needs some help just contact me!

Paul from Darmstadt (near Frankfurt)

P.S. I would buy the shreeder parts if there is a new order!

Toggle replies
dedicated
03/04/2017 at 00:10

Hey @pafe, happy that you found your way to join the precious plastic community!

Here some of the members in Frankfurt: @lucky6 @litschi95 @amdnox @nonkonform – maybe some of you want to connect and work together?

And you’re the first on the list for the next order – let’s see how quick we can get 10 again! 🙂

Toggle replies
starter
04/04/2017 at 19:41

Hey Guys,

ich bin Manuel aus Ingolstadt. Schade dass ich eure Sammelbestellung verpasst habe. Kannst du mir @katharinaelleke die Kontaktdaten des Herstellers senden wo ihr bestellt habt? Und falls ihr noch weiter Hersteller zu günstigen Preisen gefunden habt diese bitte auch.

Ich habe bereits die Schreddereinheit gebaut jedoch sind alle Teile aus Edelstahl da es so nie rosten wird.

Die Idee eine eigene Gruppe für alle in Deutschland und Österreich zu erstellen und diese über Trello zu organisieren ist wohl untergegangen. Ich fände es aber großartig wenn wir das machen würden, denn dann gehen wichtige Informationen nicht unter und man kann sich austauschen.

Wer dabei sein will hier der Link: https://trello.com/invite/b/4BH70sup/247bcdbfb49c8750f14d15d309b3ca3f/share-informations

Ich fände es großartig wenn alle mit machen. Es sollte der gemeinsame Platz zum Austausch für neue Ideen mit Leuten in Deutschland und Österreich werden. Vielleicht ist das der Anfang einer tollen Zusammenarbeit für die Zukunft. Und wer weiß vielleicht schaffen wir gemeinsam Großes.

Mein Vorschlag wäre es noch dass wir eine eigene Karte erstellen wo sich am besten jeder einträgt um einen guten Überblick zu bekommen wer wo wohnt.

Ich habe eben mal eine erstellt tragt euch also am besten gleich ein: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RruMMQ9DdzxY1ZLof1QIOqRuzA8&usp=sharing

Hoffe ihr seit genau so begeistert wie ich. Also nicht nur von dem Projekt Precious Plastic sondern auch von der Möglichkeit sich Deutschland und Österreich weit ein bisschen zu Organisieren. Bisher fehlen mir nämlich jegliche Kontakte zu Personen die diese Macher Mentalität besitzen und von der eigenen großen Werkstatt mit allen möglichen Maschinen träumen. Gefällt mir wenn ihr ungefähr genau so denkt.

Okay nun erstmals genug von meiner Seite. Bin gespannt was sich ergibt. At next time I will write in English. I promise. 😉

Manuel Hirn

Attachments:
Toggle replies
dedicated
04/04/2017 at 20:23

Updated list of active german/austrian members:

GERMANY
Berlin: @martinn @kevink @fisherphillips @silversson @jallar @janine @goerl
Braunschwaig: @claud @sculptureclash
Dresden: @carlf
Munich: @katharinaelleke
Ingolstadt: @mr-hirn
Frankfurt: @lucky6 @litschi95 @amdnox @nonkonform @pafe (Darmstadt)
Stuttgart: @godpepper @frency
Cologne: @sirihuebner
Aachen: @tobix
Somewhere else(?): @reallyrosie @chrissyw @ayordeky

AUSTRIA
Graz: @brianlm @lukas_lang
Innsbruck: @preciousplasticsaustria
Wien: @flo-2

Trello
It might be easier to share information/discuss about german/austrian specific topics in this Trello Group. (Thanks @mr-hirn)

Precious Plastic Map
Concerning the map, I personally would stick to the Precious Plastic Map, Dave already set up. This way, the other precious plastic members can see how much is going on in Germany/Austria 🙂
I think we just have to inform them about our location and they will put us on the map.

FOR ORDERS:
Lasercut parts: 10 sets for 775€ (77,50€/set) at Schnabel GmbH
Price only possible for 10 sets (not less)!
You can contact me (mail@katharinaelleke.com) for further details and I can also organize the next order!

Toggle replies
dedicated
04/04/2017 at 23:33

Updated list of active german/austrian members:

GERMANY
Berlin: @martinn @kevink @fisherphillips @silversson @jallar @janine @goerl
Dresden: @carlf
Braunschwaig: @claud @sculptureclash
Cologne: @sirihuebner
Aachen: @tobix
Frankfurt: @lucky6 @litschi95 @amdnox @nonkonform @pafe (Darmstadt)
Mannheim: @ayordeky
Stuttgart: @godpepper @frency
Ingolstadt: @mr-hirn
Munich: @katharinaelleke
Somewhere else(?): @reallyrosie @chrissyw

AUSTRIA
Graz: @brianlm @lukas_lang
Innsbruck: @preciousplasticsaustria
Wien: @flo-2

Trello
It might be easier to share information/discuss about german/austrian specific topics in this Trello Group. (Thanks @mr-hirn)

Precious Plastic Map
Concerning the map, I personally would stick to the Precious Plastic Map, Dave already set up. This way, the other precious plastic members can see how much is going on in Germany/Austria 🙂
I think we just have to inform them about our location and they will put us on the map.

FOR ORDERS:
Lasercut parts: 10 sets for 775€ (77,50€/set) at Schnabel GmbH
Price only possible for 10 sets (not less)!
You can contact me (mail@katharinaelleke.com) for further details and I can also organize the next order!

Toggle replies
starter
05/04/2017 at 08:51

Hello everyone,

This is so great Katharina. Should be helpful for all of us. Add Mannheim as we will be building the machine a month or two

Toggle replies
helper
21/04/2017 at 13:37

yeah!!! the two shredderparts arrived today:))
they look really nice. some sanding is still needed but they are already in a good shape. Thanks to all who beeing part of the order to make this price possible. And a special thanks to @katharinaelleke for the organisation.

hopefully their are more group orders in future:)

keep pace!
carl

Attachments:
Toggle replies
new
23/04/2017 at 18:38

Hello everyone,

after weeks of searching in the internet and many telephone calls by trying to find someone how will take our old plastic (and does not give it into an incinaration plant), i found this wonderful projekt. We are a small nonprofit organisation for refubishing old computers. Some of them are too old to give them a second live, so since the beginning of this year we started to recycle them. To find someone for the metal parts, or the electric isn’t that difficult, but for the plastic…
Now i found this projekt, i know what to do.
If there will be a further community order in the next time, we want to be part of it (@katharinaelleke, if you are so kind?).

Toggle replies
helper
24/04/2017 at 14:35

Welcome @netzwerkstatt, there will be more group orders, I believe @katharinaelleke is takeing care of it, so you should contact her. I think there is about 5-6 orders atm.

Toggle replies
dedicated
25/04/2017 at 00:50

Yap, NEW ORDER might be possible soon!

On the list so far:
1 set – @pafe
1 set – @nonkonform
1 set – @janine
2-3 sets – @ashrak
1 set – @netzwerkstatt
> In total 6-7 sets already!

+ MAYBE another 2 sets for @ricardoandres and @denyo1986, but I’ll try to find a more local solution for you guys in the meantime!

@carlf, was a pleasure 🙂
So happy that everything worked out well – can’t wait to see all the results!

Toggle replies
warrior
26/04/2017 at 18:33

amazing your are taking care of all this stuff @katharinaelleke, keep up the great job!

Toggle replies
helper
26/04/2017 at 21:52

Hey folks;)
After some research where I could build the shredding axe I finally have the possibility to manufacture the hex bar in a friend’s workshop. I think I could easily replicate some axes for the community.
Cause my next weeks are very busy and the material has to be ordered, I’ll try to build the hex bar in the end of May or the begin of June.
For the pricing:
In the next days I will ask some local metal shops, if they could deliver and how expensive they are. So in meantime I can’t offer you an exact price but I think it’s around 10€. It also depends on how much people join;)

So if there are some interested people, please let me know!
(carlrobert.frenkel (at) posteo.de)

Best wishes:)
Carl

Toggle replies
starter
26/04/2017 at 23:18

@carlf Since the laser parts arrived last Thursday, I also need an axle for the shredder. Sadly I hadn’t had time to do any work on the recycling project and my renovation works so far, because the new semester started. :/ I am planing to build the Shredder within the next four to eighth weeks tough. Pls keep me updated 🙂

@netzwerkstatt Recycling plastics used in electronics can be very difficult in comparison to PE and PP. Since recycling e-Waste is also a very interesting topic to me I already did some research. In some electronics there are flame-retardants in the plastic and it can also deteriorate if heated, to my knowledge. Nevertheless it’s surely possible to recycle somehow, hope it will work out for you 🙂
Do you have a Homepage for your Organization? would be nice to know if you are based in my area^^

Sincerely yours,
Leon

Toggle replies
helper
27/04/2017 at 16:24

Sooo…. I just had a call with the local metal trader. Went pretty well. First I have to fill in some documents that he can give me an exact offer. But he told me that 6m cost around 46€. In the moment I don’t know if there’re hidden costs or some service I have to pay for. But if this price is the final it would be very nice 😉

7,3€/m => round about 2,5€ per axe for material

Hopefully I could make a deal with them. I don’t know if we will get 18 axes ordered in the next few weeks. So maybe I buy 6m; make as much as we need now and if there’re further orders I just have to manufacture them and do not have trouble to order new metal.

@lucky6 nice to see that you’re interested

Keep pace
Carl;)

Toggle replies
new
02/05/2017 at 16:07

@lucky6, it’s much more difficult as I thougt before starting. But I’m hopeful that we find solutions for the different problems. Our website is: netzwerkstatt-trier.de.

Toggle replies
new
06/05/2017 at 02:16

Hi @katharinaelleke I also want to buy 1 set of the next order is that possible?

Toggle replies
dedicated
08/05/2017 at 13:47

@wilnix, sure!
Can you send me an email to mail@katharinaelleke.com, then it’s easier for me to coordinate the order 🙂

Toggle replies
starter
08/05/2017 at 18:29

Hey @carlf,
I am also looking for a hex bar at the moment!
What kind of material is it, stainless steel?

Lukas

Toggle replies
Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.