We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Getting organised

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Flo 2 years ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Getting organised

08/10/2015 at 14:48

I was looking for a way to get my stuff organised. You have these plastic crates which I really like, used for transport, markets, storage, everywhere. Specially love them because they are build on an industry standard. This means you can always repair, upgrade, change your storage system overtime. So I build a framework to store them nice and organised

Edit: Here you can download the blueprint, and here the 3D model

Attachments:
16 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Getting organised

helper
11/11/2015 at 12:00

Do you have any blueprints for the framework?

warrior
08/12/2015 at 13:48

I have a blueprint/3D model to build it @tomashalberstad. But it’s quite messy, takes me some time to clean it up. I’m ok by doing and sharing this if people are interested.
OK let’s do this: If 5 people are interested in the blueprints (leave comment) i’ll share them here for download!

new
07/01/2016 at 06:19

Happy New Year! Very exciting, unquestionably smart, sturdy and easily replaceable/sustainable system based upon an industrial standard….does this particular industrial standard have a name or moniker or set width dimension or any such element by which it is identified as a standard which you could share? A Google search for ‘industrial standard plastic crates’ resulted in a plethora of results. Even when I selected crates which looked extremely similar to those in your video, the dimensions still varied enough to make me wonder which of the results is actually the standard?

Many thanks for posting this and for considering a response. I’m hopeful that others also write in, because I would so appreciate seeing your blueprints.

Cheers,
S.J.

new
08/01/2016 at 09:58

Blueprints, yes prease!

new
08/01/2016 at 10:06

Did you add wheels for mobility?

new
08/01/2016 at 10:07

Yes please! Blue print would be fantastic!

new
09/01/2016 at 03:59

Hey
I use the larger milk crates for storage. do your plans fit those or just the sq ones? I want the plans for the sq ones and will adapt if necessary

warrior
09/01/2016 at 17:46

Allright @tigger @swayson @javzze @curatrixish @tomashalberstad I hear you! Here you can see an overview of the dimensions, and Here you can download the 3D model. Have fun with it!

Attachments:

warrior
09/01/2016 at 19:00

They are definitely standardised here in the Netherlands, and have seen them in other places in Europe as well. Although I do think it’s not necessary a worldwide standard. I would suggest to keep your eye out for plastic crates in your neighbourhood. I’m 90% sure they use some standardised system for markets, transport, bakeries etc. Also if you happend to find it, let us know here. Would love to see it!

new
05/08/2016 at 11:56

I’m wondering if those crates could me made using something from Precious Plastic. Or would that mold be to complex? (or would the crates not be strong enough)?

(I’m just wondering where I can buy these types of crates, but that are made of recycled plastics)

warrior
18/08/2016 at 20:30

@thibaultmol I actually recommend you to buy the crates, they are inexpensive and made to last. You could make a huge mold to create your own crates, but in my opinion, it’s not worth the effort. These crates are widely used on many places, you can probably get them even cheaper if they are second-hand.

Just to give you an idea of the intrincacy of the mold:

Attachments:

warrior
20/08/2016 at 08:58

exactly what @xxxolivierxxx said!

helper
20/08/2016 at 19:06

woohoo, love the idea. thanks for sharing
@davehakkens

just today i’ve finish making crates table for my friend.
https://www.instagram.com/pecunk_cherbomb/
he will use it for his music concert properties. his music explore many kind of glass and plastic bottle waste, he named the concert “sound of waste” musik limbah.

i think u’ll love his work.

Attachments:

warrior
25/08/2016 at 18:24

haha nice, also funny music 🙂

new
28/05/2017 at 18:51

I love the concept and might build one for myself. Would like to have a look into your blueprint, but the download-link is no longer valid. Would you update it?
Thanks
Bastian

warrior
14/06/2017 at 15:24

Quick info about the crates:
Most of them are made out of HDPE or PP (Recyclable! Yaay!) 😀 and most of them are 40cm wide and 60cm long. That is standard, this way you can perfectly fit 4 crates onto a Europallet (EUR), which measures 80cm x 120cm. There are also smaller sizes (40cm x 30cm) but they are rarer.
The hight of the crates varies a lot. (I’ve seen 8cm as well as 50cm)
Please also note that many crates are unsaleable property and you may technically not use them for anything. :/

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪