We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Greeting from CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott DeMuth 1 month ago.

Patrick Sison betterintheory

Greeting from CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

18/01/2019 at 10:43

Are there any makers in or around the area who want to get something going plastic or otherwise??

7 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
starter
14/04/2019 at 21:38

Hello,

I just joined the site and live in LaGrange.  I am amazed at the amount of plastic disposed of and not reused.  I understand not all plastics can be reused and mixed plastics cause problems, but there are a lot of plastics that are just thrown away in landfills.  I downloaded the precious plastics kit and I am looking into building the shredder and weld up some forms to create new products.  What are you thinking of getting started with plastics?

Dan

starter
14/04/2019 at 22:23

Dan,
I was hoping to build a shredder.  But I couldn’t get around laser cutting parts.  Or finding a simpler way to broach hexs for the blades.  You have the resources to build a shredder?

starter
15/04/2019 at 01:16

I am looking at the shredder plans and everything else now.  I’m looking through my contacts for someone to laser cut.  My son and his friend are welders so the rest of the parts can be made.  It seems that someone should have a kit to buy with all the parts and just assemble it.

starter
15/04/2019 at 01:37

There are “kits” available currently via the community bazaar…stateside in the $700 ballpark

starter
15/04/2019 at 02:21

Thanks, I was reading through some threads and it seems about $400 for the cutters is but still need the motor, stand, and electronics.  Are there complete kits to assemble in Ikea fashion for $700?

starter
15/04/2019 at 19:55

https://bazar.preciousplastic.com/?category=featured

You can check out what they have posted in the bazar..I haven’t looked in a few

new
25/04/2019 at 16:04

Hi there – We are headquartered in Lake in the Hills, IL.  Our plant in Ohio is using Precious Plastic machinery to make plastic items.  However, I am looking for someone to design/fabricate molds for me.  I had to purchase a mold from Oregon and I would prefer a local contact here in IL that I could have a meeting with and review designs for my customers.  Thank you.

Scott DeMuth, President, g2 revolution

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.