We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hallo & "Apa Khabar"…. from Penang, Malaysia :)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SHIDI 1 year ago.

SHIDI superinsi

Hallo & "Apa Khabar"…. from Penang, Malaysia :)

20/10/2017 at 20:27

Hallo everyone 🙂

I am Shidi, from Penang, Malaysia, a bioplastic researcher, currently developing a prototype of recycled plastic mixed with agricultural wastes. I am open for collaboration and interested to promote the recycled products from all members in this community.

Attached photo is the compounded pellet of agricultural waste mixed with recycled LDPE that I am working on. I am planning to collaborate with anyone here offering filament maker service for my 3D printing projects. Do contact me if anyone interested.

Great idea from Dave Hakkens to make this Precious Plastic project up to this stage, keep it up & keep in touch !

Rgds
Shidi

Attachments:
4 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
warrior
21/10/2017 at 01:15

Hello @superinsi and welcome to Precious Plastic
Those pellets look pretty interesting, could you share exactly what kind of agricultural waste are you mixing with the LDPE plastic?

Best regards

helper
21/10/2017 at 06:47

Hola Olivier 🙂

Thank you for your welcome greetings 🙂

FYI, my bioplastic prototype is made from Rice Husk (agricultural waste) + Saw Dust (rubber tree wood mill waste) + recycled LDPE. This is my 2nd batch prototype and still under research, evaluation and material performance testing.

I am looking forward to convert these bioplastic pellets into Filament for 3D printing usage. If 3D printed prototype succeed, later on we can sell it online in near time and give some donations to our community for future development.

Since you are senior in this community, appreciate if you could recommend anyone here offering filament service to convert my bioplastic pellet materials into filament for 3D printing usage. I will bare the shipping cost, send materials and filament service cost.

At the same time, I will keep looking for networking with specialize in filament maker in our community.

* Its 12.45PM here in Penang, I’m off for lunch, will be right back 🙂

Keep in touch Olivier !

Rgds
Shidi
@superinsi

warrior
23/10/2017 at 07:10

@superinsi Sounds like a great project, unfortunately, I don’t know of anyone currently working on 3D filament in the community.

I made a custom extruder for PLA filament research and I’m currently working on improving my filament tolerances, but even if I wanted to help you, we are on opposite sides of the world 🙁

Considering how much have you advanced on your research, why don’t you try building your own extruder, or purchasing a FilaStruder? That would make your research a lot easier.

helper
23/10/2017 at 08:35

Thanks for the info olivier, useful for newbie. Yeah I found that shipping cost higher than making DIY filament extruder, will try to fabricate it.

Keep in touch 🙂

Rgds
Shidi

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.