We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello Australia!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wolfgang Loescher 8 months ago.

Melodie Murphy morethantencents

Hello Australia!

11/08/2018 at 10:53

We build weapons of waste reduction!

A community enterprise based in Darwin, we have been working on ways to produce affordable precious plastic machines for regional and remote communities.

We have finished development on the shredders and are currently taking pre-orders for both the complete units and for the shredder box and hopper only.

The complete unit includes a freestanding frame, 400 stainless steel blades, 2,2hp single phase electric motor and worm drive 25:1 gearbox. All our units are tested and tagged before shipping and built using local suppliers and fabricators.

We are really pleased to be at this point but also very conscious of the carbon footprint related to freight over big distances so we are trying to find ways to address this. (Suggestions welcome!)

One thought is to use fabrication and supply companies in all areas so machines only have to travel short distances to reach the customer but the logistics are challenging (we do like a challenge however so we will give it a go!)

We are now working on the extruder.

We are very open to partnership and community endeavour and would love to connect with anyone else in Australia working toward building spaces or workshops.

Right now we are fundraising and working with local council and community groups to establish Darwin’s first plastic makers space.

2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Hello Australia!

starter
17/08/2018 at 08:45

Hi there,
I have just joined.
I am in Qld

In reply to: Hello Australia!

starter
08/09/2018 at 10:09

hi just  joined and i’m from Sydenham near Melbourne

looking forward finding people close by to set a hub up

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.