We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Colorado

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  claire deveney 2 years ago.

jeff musicman

Hello from Colorado

15/09/2016 at 19:04

We are trying to start a plastic recycling business in our hometown Grand Junction Colorado. They have none here.We are broke so this project fits us perfectly…however, being too broke can be an issue. So we are going to approach some local funding options but could use some help in the business plan department. We would plan to start our business just like the standard so far. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated here and I look forward to being a part of this growing community.

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Hello from Colorado

new
17/09/2016 at 17:13

That sounds very interesting!  I would love to follow your progress.  I live in a small town in Pennsylvania.

What do you guys plan to do?

hero
18/09/2016 at 23:16

Welcome to Precious Plastic @musicman

I assume that the first machine that you are looking forward to build is the shredder. The first thing you need is to find a motor with a gearbox, once you have that, the rest is less complicated.

[email protected] and [email protected] worked together to adapt the machine units to use Imperial measures, they should be able to sell you a shredder assembled or the laser cut pieces. They are based on Dallas, but shipping the machine to Colorado should not be a problem.

Once you have the shredder and the motor, the rest is just a matter of finding some metal pieces for the frame and a welding machine. The shredder should get you started, and then it’s just a matter of deciding what you want to make with the shredded plastic.

Also, here are 2 members from Colorado who might help you on your project:

@csargent

@christypaints

helper
09/01/2018 at 01:07

Hi! My hometown is Colorado Springs, but I’m living in Portland, OR. Have you all had any luck with your project? Or with ordering parts/imperial measurements? I’d love to get any info from you all. Cheers, thanks!

More Colorado People:

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO, USA!

new
02/05/2019 at 19:31

Hello from Salida!

I, too, am looking to create a workshop to recycle plastic waste here in Chaffee County. Have you looked into https://www.recyclecolorado.org/
There seem to be a number of grants that you might apply for based in Colorado.

Let me know how progress is going!
Cheers!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪