We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Las Vegas via Barcelona, Spain

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Make 8 months ago.

Make makevegas

Hello from Las Vegas via Barcelona, Spain

26/11/2019 at 20:17

Hey all,

I’m Make, I’m a kustom bicycle builder and lifestyle artist.  I’m currently in Las Vegas for a little while and I am originally from Los Angeles, but I have spent the last 20 years living in Europe and the last 13 years in Barcelona. I’ve been living off the grid for the last 7 years in my little RV on the beach just south of Barcelona with my wife and 5 yr old kid.

Since we lived there, I have noticed the amount of rubbish that washes up on the shore that is mostly plastic waste. I could probably pick up a huge black rubbish bag of beach waste everyday in our little 100meter beach.

Not long after we moved there, I started collecting and reusing plastic and aluminum can waste to make things that were useful to give to travelers passing by and also to sell to tourists that visiting in the high season.

I seen the value of plastic waste and our environmental destruction from the unused waste and have always wanted to find ways to better reutilize the waste that was washing up on our shores everyday.

I’m very happy to have come across this community a few days ago and would love to get more involved with the community.

I am currently building a solar-powered pedal-electric mini RV for a kustom bike competition in April 2020 in Vegas and would love to adapt a one of the plastic processing systems to this project , like the pedal powered shredder and other machines that can portable on this cycle.

I could do with all the help I can get as this is all new to me, I’m quite proficient in metal work and construction, but lack the knowledge and experience to develop this before my competition. I’m also quite low-budget , so I cant just throw money at it..

I’ve already started building the tricycle and will use recycled election signs (Coroplast) to make the body of the RV and would love to install some of these machines inside the RV to share and demonstrate these recycle ideas…

You can see some of my work on my instagram : Roq.cycles

Here’s a pic of the project so far, just using cardboard for now to mock up , but soon after our local elections I will be collecting the Coroplast .  Also a pic of my last creation, solar powered…

Cheers,
Make

Attachments:
0 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Folks that were just here

Profile picture of Ilan
    Profile picture of benjamin50
    Profile picture of Dave Hakkens
    Profile picture of PlasticHub
    Profile picture of Ian Gordon
    Profile picture of Leonardo Rothpflug
    Profile picture of marcos tavares
    Profile picture of Ezequiel
    Profile picture of Gustavo Merckel
    Profile picture of Evan
    Profile picture of Chu Wai Kit