We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Melbourne st kilda Australia

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Watling 6 months ago.

Jens Jacobs jensjacobs

Hello from Melbourne st kilda Australia

08/11/2018 at 01:36

Hello boys and girls. I am Jens Jacobs and i have been living in Melbourne over a year now and my girlfriend and i are looking to start our own recycling / up-cycling business. We want to tackle avery form of waste. our ultimate dream would be to create a project/company where people can take there trash to and they get something back. Because i believe there is no such thing as waste.
Now it is a pretty big project we want to do and thats why we are looking for like minded people who want to do the same.This around Melbourne st kilda. So let me know if somebody is out there who wants to meet up in real life and getting this project started

5 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
09/12/2018 at 00:43

Hi im in frankston, how did you go finding people to get started? Im currently waiting on laser cutting costs for the shredder. Dosnt seem to be cheap at all in melbourne

starter
09/12/2018 at 02:55

Hi Russel. It’s pretty hard to find people here in Melbourne. But me and my girlfriend are going to setup a buisness plan first and than actively looking for people who want to help. Here in st kilda I am doing from time to time beach cleanups. And planning to do a big organised one. And there I will explain to people what precious plastic is and what my project is and how they can join or support us.

new
13/12/2018 at 04:10

G’day Russell,

I can supply you all the Laser Cut parts.  I have already supplied sets to two other people.  I’ve also tidied up the geometry of these parts, and changed the size of the hexagonal cutouts to suit an available size of S/S Hex Bar.

One guy went with the all S/S option for $455

The other guy wanted to save some money, and got me to supply all the 3mm and 6mm parts in Mild Steel, and the 5mm parts in Stainless Steel.

However the best way to get the price down, is to order more than one set.  Maybe drum up other people who also want one.  Eg. 5 sets, all S/S would be $1,850

starter
13/12/2018 at 07:48

scottwatling thats a great price, iv passed this info onto my facebook page, i dont see it being a problem to get an order of 5 sorted by christmas hopefully.
I will get back to you when i have the numbers together and am ready to sort out an order
Regards
-Russell

new
13/12/2018 at 10:17

Good stuff mate.  And should you need any of the other bits, like the machined piece of Hex Bar, and the rolled piece of Perforated sheet, just let me know.  I can also supply parts for the Hopper, the Stand, and any Welding.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.