We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Newberg, Oregon

Colin Trachte groundeffect

Hello from Newberg, Oregon

30/12/2017 at 16:31

Hello, my name is Colin. I live in USA with my lovely wife and two kids. I am an energy analyst by profession because it is the closest thing to my passion: inventing useful things that generate and/or use power efficiently. I am looking forward to collaborating with the forum here.

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
new
04/01/2018 at 01:59

Hi Colin, I am new to precious plastic too and am from Carson, WA (near Hood River) I am just getting started but have big plans for 2018.
I travel to Newberg occasionally for my job and I’d love to discuss possibilities. I have a machinist friend in Portland that I will be looking to for making the initial parts for the grinder.
Let me know what your level of interest is and maybe we can collaborate.
Thanks! -Dana

helper
09/01/2018 at 00:34

Hi Colin and Dana! I’m located in Portland, OR. I would also like to build a set of machines, but I’m short on welding experience. Would you two like to collaborate on the building process – maybe we could get sets of parts done at the same time?

starter
10/01/2018 at 01:47

Hello guys,

I have a high level of interest and would be willing to collaborate. My brother is a welding instructor, but his time is extremely limited – hoping to get him sucked into this project eventually. There seems to be plenty of work that can be done before welding is required, tho. I already have a 1750rpm 1hp motor and need to figure out a reasonable way to make it work for the grinder…

starter
04/02/2019 at 21:48

Update: I now have access to a legit shop in Beaverton but would have to pitch the shredder machine as a product offering which people may purchase the parts for. Depends on how many people are interested in that option, what the minimum pricing will have to be, and whether there are any issues with the license under which the shredder design is released.

Also, found a better version of the plastic shredder, developed by this guy: https://youtu.be/wPyZ1g2M9qI

And it turns out that those sweet blades at least can be ordered from china from here: https://rendablade.en.made-in-china.com/product/gNnJPehyHMkx/China-Shred-Blade-Shredded-Tire-Rubber-Wood-Double-Shaft-Shredder-Machine.html

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪