We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Port Chester, New York

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ilan 1 year ago.

Ishbart Gonzalez pizzaparty

Hello from Port Chester, New York

05/07/2019 at 04:45

My name is Ish and it’s nice to meet you guys! I live about 45 mins away from NYC.
I’ve been following this project for a long time but it never occurred to me to sign up for the forum until now. I feel really passionate about this movement and I want to figure out how to use this in my community to incentivize the locals to giving us their recyclables and in return receive some sort of good out of it. Or convince local businesses that have a single use item to give a 10¢ discount to customers who bring in their reusable alternative. A combination of local government, good old fashion community service/outreach, and this forum will be the answer. Wish me luck!

1 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
dedicated
05/08/2019 at 01:36

Hi Ish, I am in NY too (Rivertowns)! There have been efforts to connect New Yorkers here, although it has been slow getting things going. I really want to build the machines and start a community here in NY. if you want to do a group call sometime i’m in.

-Ilan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪