We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Sweden, I need help

Luz Enith Martinez enith2478

Hello from Sweden, I need help

18/02/2017 at 23:48

I live in Sweden and I need help getting some parts. Me and other two guys are building a shredder and a struder as a project at our school. We have been able to get some recycled parts. My school is sponsring the project and they don´t allow us to buy things from ebay or Amazon. A DPI controller can cost us almost ten times more in a regular Swedish shop, the band heaters are very expensive too. My teacher is now aware of my passion for recycling so he allowed me to put apart an old printer. I got a lot of stepper and servo motors, sensors and other parts. I was thinking that I would be able to reduce cost if I can change parts with people that have what I need and want what I have. Please contact me if you think this is interesting for you. I´ll been thinking that a exchangr network would help us a lot.

2 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
hero
21/02/2017 at 05:18

Welcome to Precious Plastic @enith2478
I wish you the best on your project. Unfortunately, parts like the PID controller or the band heaters are not easy to salvage from recycled materials so you will most likely have to buy them. Is there any special reason why your school doesn’t allow you to buy from ebay or amazon? That’s the cheapest way to source your parts

starter
21/02/2017 at 11:37

Hi thanks. I know. I made the decision to buy the controller with my own money. There are some regulations here in Sweden that don´t allow public institutions to buy things from ebay 🙁

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪