Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello from Yorkshire ( England )

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Riddiough 2 weeks ago.

Lee Riddiough astroguy

Hello from Yorkshire ( England )

17/03/2018 at 19:03

Hi there , hope everyone is feeling great this weekend ,just thought i’d intro myself
The names Lee , im a Pipe fitter / fabricator / welder based in wakefield love this kind of group collaboration … looking to build my first shredder … quick question what RPM does the gearbox need to be ?? .. and the great part all being funded with Crypto currency …

Attachments:
helper
18/03/2018 at 09:08

Hi Lee and welcome.
If you search the the subject of motor/ gearboxes for shredders in the forums there is a lot chat about the subject. But the short answer is it depends on the power of motor you have. The original spec is for a 2kw motor giving 70rpm from the gearbox. If you had a 1kw motor then 35 rpm output should roughly give a similar torque but will be slower at doing the job. It is surprising how much torque is required I aimed for a minimum of 150Nm but even that can jam up. Don’t underestimate the need to reverse the motor which can get you out of a jam.

Have fun

Toggle replies
starter
02/04/2018 at 22:52

Hi @astroguy. Just signed up, and looking around to see who might be nearby. I’m based in Huddersfield (pin still awaiting “approval” ;-). I found your post by searching for “Yorkshire” in the forums. I see you don’t have a pin yet either – so conceivably there could be many more people from West Yorkshire, here on the site, than the map currently shows.
All the best,
Dave B

Toggle replies
starter
03/04/2018 at 17:13

Hi guys .. yea currently getting prices on the laser cut parts .. sourced motor and box .. I’m a fabricator by trade and very good welder

Toggle replies
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.