We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

High Voltage Question: Run 50Hz/3ph/200V motor.

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Remko Siemerink 1 month ago.

Remko Siemerink re404

High Voltage Question: Run 50Hz/3ph/200V motor.

17/06/2018 at 06:22

Hi all!

I’m working on a precious plastic workshop project in the Maldives and I have a very nice powerful 5.5 KW Mitsubishi lying around here that I’d like to use for the shredder.

See image of typeplate below.

As you can see it’s a 50Hz 3 phase 200V one with 4 poles. ( That is Japanese 3-phase power, see: https://www.worldstandards.eu/three-phase-electric-power ) In the Maldives is the same as in Europe (and a lot of countries I see on the link above): 50Hz 400VHigh power electronics is not really my field an some quick googling don’t give me clear answers, so:

Does anybody know whether there is a way to wire it up, or rewire it to run here?

Thanks!
Remko

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
new
17/06/2018 at 10:26

I wouldn’t recommend this motor, it also requires a strong and really good reducer (600 Euro).

I would go for 3/4 kw motor, then you stay at least in reasonable prices.

starter
17/06/2018 at 10:32

Hi Tim,

Thanks! This one we would have for free though, it’s lying here doing nothing, so the question remains valid. For the shredder 5,5kw should be possible, no?

We have a reducer. I’ll make and post a picture later so you can help me decide whether that would make good combination.

Thanks a lot already.

Cheerio //r

new
17/06/2018 at 12:49

it’s possible sure, but the motor dictates basically everything: inverter, reducer, couplings, housing, mounts, driveshaft; everything bigger and way more expensive. you can go down that road if you are sure you need a scale-able system. for instance, you could connect 2 shredders and extruders to such motor, but again, be sure you really want this.

you could cheat with less powerful/efficient couplers & reducer, but you’re walking then on thin ice, and your setup is not safe anymore !

g

starter
18/06/2018 at 05:36

Hi Tim,

Everything clear. Mechanically. Thanks for the feedback!

I’m still wondering whether we should keep or recycle it, so the electrical question remains: Is there a way to run a 200V 3phase (Japanese) motor on a 400V 3phase system?

We might use it for a compost shredder that needs a 5.5kW motor.

Thanks!
Remko

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.