We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hollow Flashlight.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  kj 5 years ago.

Nikola nikola

Hollow Flashlight.

23/08/2014 at 20:19

Hello guys,I have found this amazing idea by young girl called Ann Makosinski. You maybe have heard about project hollow flashlight, but i still wanted to share this with you. I am not going to tell you much informations about this because you should definitely watch the TEDx video wich is here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_lA2AB8ysEnjoy and tell us what do you think about this amazing idea?Team PhonebloksNikola

26 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Hollow Flashlight.

25/08/2014 at 08:49

Sounds Amazing

26/08/2014 at 20:37

Nice idea, these plates could generate a bit energy from the heat of the phone when used to extend the battery time….

new
10/09/2014 at 21:24

hgghyxo wrote: Nice idea, these plates could generate a bit energy from the heat of the phone when used to extend the battery time…. Exactly !

10/09/2014 at 23:54

hgghyxo wrote: Nice idea, these plates could generate a bit energy from the heat of the phone when used to extend the battery time…. I thought just the same when saw the video. It´s a great sollution for the battery life and in low capacity batteries can help a lot eaven on a “inteligent-watch” or something can collect the human arm heat and transform it to energy and then recharge the battery on our “phoneblock”

11/09/2014 at 14:34

That’s a brilliant idea that way we can recharge our battery.And so I don’t guess that we would worry if the battery is powerful.

11/09/2014 at 22:06

Maybe a combination of heat, solar and motion etc. could allow the phone to be charged for an extended period of time?

new
16/09/2014 at 11:28

I’ve just watched it. She is brilliant!

25/09/2014 at 01:16

That nice 😀 And you make me discover TEDx… That an amazing project too 😀

01/10/2014 at 05:01

TheFuture wrote: Maybe a combination of heat, solar and motion etc. could allow the phone to be charged for an extended period of time?Yes, what she’s said and done is wonderful. As it concerns the batteries, as ‘TheFuture’ said, it would probably need a combination of things to create enough energy. Also, if she needed so much to power LEDs, imagine what would be needed to power batteries. So, if they’re used in batteries I don’t think they should be used alone. Maybe by adding something else (I wish I paid more attention in science class now) it could be more efficient.

01/10/2014 at 17:01

Its cool and reliable

02/10/2014 at 00:25

amorzii_ wrote: Yes, what she’s said and done is wonderful. As it concerns the batteries, as ‘TheFuture’ said, it would probably need a combination of things to create enough energy. Also, if she needed so much to power LEDs, imagine what would be needed to power batteries. So, if they’re used in batteries I don’t think they should be used alone. Maybe by adding something else (I wish I paid more attention in science class now) it could be more efficient. Ya… LOL. I personally think that this idea should get more attenetion

21/10/2014 at 15:59

i love this idea …. 😀

23/10/2014 at 15:09

This is awesome!! Charging phone just by holding it in the hand.. wow…

26/10/2014 at 17:33

Great, cool idea! Congratulations to Ann! She had a great idea exploiting the Thermoelectric Effect and simply the heat of a hand to generate enough power to turn on a LED flashlight. A simple, “green”, and maybe quite economic way to achieve a bit of power wherever in the world. It could be truly helpful!Concerning the Phonebloks Project:TheFuture wrote: Maybe a combination of heat, solar and motion etc. could allow the phone to be charged for an extended period of time?] amorzii_ wrote: Yes, what she’s said and done is wonderful. As it concerns the batteries, as ‘TheFuture’ said, it would probably need a combination of things to create enough energy. Also, if she needed so much to power LEDs, imagine what would be needed to power batteries. So, if they’re used in batteries I don’t think they should be used alone. Maybe by adding something else (I wish I paid more attention in science class now) it could be more efficient.] ‘TheFuture’ and ‘amorzii_’ are right (I think)… These devices don’t produce a lot of power, and above all they are very sensitive to the temperature of the environment (what is important is the temperature difference between the two faces of the plate: even if phones get very hot while used, in summer the air temperature too is quite high well, maybe not in Scandinavia: but where I live, here in Italy, it becomes quite hot!] )Maybe a “Thermoelectric-Case” could be a solution: on the inside it could have the ‘hot plate’, and an ‘isolating cover’ above the external ‘cold plate’: in this way, environmental heat would matter less, and solar panels could me mounted on it!I don’t know how efficient this heavy case could be, but I am sure that only integrating different types of optimized ‘energy recovery systems’ it will be possible to achieve enough power to significantly reduce the power consumption of a phone, or (in the best case) even recharge its battery.Anyway, Ann’s idea is truly great!

29/10/2014 at 16:38

nice but i think it’s insane we can’t just still switching on the light :

29/10/2014 at 16:40

Charging phone just by holding it in the hand.. wow… do it do it do it

30/10/2014 at 10:25

Amazing idea! Also in this way you don’t waste your energy:)Can we use also motion and solar to charge phone?

30/10/2014 at 19:16

Awesome idea i wish it may work in best and fast manner so we do not have charging problems…I love the IDEA.

new
18/11/2014 at 04:31

I have cold hands x) that sounds awesome though. I love the idea of tapping into renewable, infinite resources like body heat, boelectricity, etc. And just think if you could trickle-charge things that way by sticking them in your warm pocket (since there are battery innovations being made that make trickle-charging both more effective and less harmful to the battery itself)

23/01/2015 at 21:55

we could also use this concept of these “peltier tiles” beyond flashlight also. like to extend the battery life of the phone

26/01/2015 at 16:51

good ideal, we’ve done that before by using battery heat .

31/01/2015 at 05:07

She is brilliant! The idea is amazing and I can certainly see this coming in handy with the phone, I can think of several times I’ve held my phone in my hands thinking wow this thing is getting pretty warm, and at the same time wishing I had a charger in hand, even if it obviously wont power the whole phone, the concept is great and it’s a step to really being the source.

15/02/2015 at 06:27

it’s good idea. but, if you want to use it on the phones, your phone need to be bigger. 🙁 sorry guys, project ara is large enough

24/02/2015 at 12:30

I just watched it, talented, should be an option for the project ara1. turns heat into energy2. has a solar charger strip on the phone to recharge the battery

24/02/2015 at 16:58

Beauty and brains, kinda reminds me of Saoirse Ronan from movie Hanna. http://www.addictootech.com/flashlight-powered-by-hand-invented-by-a-15-year-old-girl/I think in order for such implementation a large surface are needs to get in contact with hand, but sadly modules are small.Maybe have the tech built into a mobile case that connects to module, that should work great.

kj
06/05/2015 at 04:43

f7f72920ec

Viewing 26 replies - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪