We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

HOW PLUG SHREDDER ELECTRICITY

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gaetan 1 year ago.

Landry Le recycleur fou landry

HOW PLUG SHREDDER ELECTRICITY

27/12/2017 at 23:05

Hi everybody,

I have create a shredder, but i want plug a contactor for change the way of the engine when i want!! how plug this??

Engine : Tri with condensator for 230 V

Thank you so much

Attachments:
5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
helper
28/12/2017 at 07:42

are you looking to know how to wire the engine so that you can reverse the direction of the blades? (if so i was also just starting to look at this part of the build and will feedback as i figure it out)

starter
28/12/2017 at 16:14

Normally reversing contactors are a pair that are mechanically interlocked so that it’s physically impossible for both contactors to be energized at the same time. On a 3 phase motor, if you swap two of the wires, you will reverse the direction. So for “normal” direction, you’d pair L1-T1, L2-T2, L3-T3. To reverse the direction, you could set it up L1-T1, L2-T3, L3-T2 (or L1-T3, L2-T2, L3-T1, etc).

This is a good video explaining how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDG3Ja4d8A

I googled your contactor, and to make this a reversing contactor you’d need the appropriate mechanical interlocking module: http://vistronica.com/images/Documentos/CJX2.pdf

For overload protection, a thermal overload would work. You would want to set it to the FLA (full load amps) of the motor, or maybe even 80% of the full load amps. Thermal overloads will allow for momentary spikes in power (for startup or sudden loads) but will trip if there’s a sustained high load. They are different from a breaker because a breaker will pretty much trip immediately if you exceed the amperage (to protect the wire), whereas a thermal overload will take much longer to trip, however there are instances where your thermal overload would trip but a breaker or fuse would not. Normally a thermal overload interrupts the “start” signal to the contactor, and shuts off the motor before it damages it.

You might be able to get creative with a thermal overload to reverse the direction of the motor if it sensed a high load. You would set the thermal overload relatively low value, and if the overload tripped it would direct power to the other contactor, and then when the overload reset it would then resume forward direction. This would take some tinkering and may not work ideally, but it would be a nice “non-electronic” way of doing it, and worst case you’d have a thermal overload to protect the motor in the traditional sense if it didn’t work.

warrior
28/12/2017 at 21:04

I made 2 schematics for the shredder in this topic:

The big ELECTRONICS topic

helper
03/01/2018 at 09:59

Thank you so much, i have plug everything, it’s ok it work perfectly 🙂

helper
05/01/2018 at 00:17

Hello @landry

Really good job !

Juste a question but i made it in french is more easy for the details.

Je suis de Lausanne en Suisse et j’ai un souci avec les réglages de mon shredder.

As-tu rencontré des soucis au montage ? Genre les lames qui buttent contre les entretoises ?
Après des heures de réglages j’arrive a court d’idée… Si je ne serre pas mes roulements j’arrive a un réglage sans bruit en les tirant au maximum contre moi c’est a dire à l’opposé des entretoises. Mais dès que je serre le tout, plus moyen…

Est-ce que une fois que tu as monté tout ton bloc et serré le tout, les couteaux ont 1 petit milimètre de jeux dans l’axe horizentale . J’entends par là qu’ils sont tous un peu libre sur l’axe exagonale.

D’avance je te remercie pour tes réponses.

Geat

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.