We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

How to align axes from the same motor?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luisa Carnevale Baraglia 3 months ago.

Luisa Carnevale Baraglia luisacb

How to align axes from the same motor?

22/05/2019 at 20:42

Hello, world!
In Vespaio studio we’re working on assembling a shredder and an extruder.

We are trying to use the same motor to move both of them using the same ax.
Have you had the same problem? Any suggestion to solve it?

Thank you <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.3px;”>:)</span>

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
2 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
new
22/05/2019 at 21:41

no biggy, see here, all you need is a lathe and usual suspects (welder, angle grinder,…) 🙂 the weird thing holding the extrusion is a joint, you can flip it up and us it as injection as well, fun stuff

new
22/05/2019 at 21:45

+1000 bonus points btw. for doing the obvious, congrats !

new
23/05/2019 at 10:33

hey there, here some more concrete details on how to do that:

1. you want couplings you can decouple easily with a pin or bolt. we make the couplings our self
2. since the shredder shaft is too small (20mm instead 30mm), the mentioned couplings with a pin won’t work since it’s likely to break your shaft. if you can find somebody with a lathe (with an adjustable 4 jaw chuck to dial in the center), he can weld you another cylinder on it to make this happen, the same must be done for the wood auger.
3. to run both, shredder and extrusion smoothly, you need at least 3 – 4 Kw, otherwise you can run only one side
4. to align the shredder and extrusion, please watch on youtube ‘shaft alignment’. i can recommend to have  enough sheet metals and gauge sheets around

if you have questions, let me know; always happy to help

helper
23/05/2019 at 11:45

Thank you for the precious help!
I’ll keep you informed about the updates.
😉

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.