We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

hydroponic system

• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Drew.
Olga instytutdizajnu

hydroponic system

16/05/2017 at 14:24

Hi!
We work in the Institute of Design in Kielce, Poland. We are opening this topic to share the information about the hydroponic system we have designed. The system will consist of a shredder and an extruder for a 3D printer which will convert the milled plastic into a 3D printing filament. The project of mobile containers for hydroponic cultivation, and the plan of construction of an extruder processing waste plastic into filament will be available for everybody. Our idea is to turn waste into green crops!
Hydroponic containers were designed by Eva, the mill and the extruder will be made by Paweł and Janusz from FabLab Kielce. Now, we test prints and grow the plants. Soon we will start building the extruder, than we will show more pictures and movies. Cheer for us!

9 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: hydroponic system

new
18/05/2017 at 10:24

Wow, Hello from Colombia, I hope that everything works out perfectly and that all the planes that have are fulfilled, I intend to take this project as my thesis of degree, adding many other things clear, I will be waiting to see more images of your project.

P.S.

I’m sorry for my language but I don’t speak very good english. Even so I understand a lot.

starter
19/05/2017 at 13:39

Hey, we are very curious about your project! Is it also involved in the production of containers for hydroponics? Share photos with us! Greetings from Poland!! 🙂

helper
01/06/2017 at 08:37

hi guys,

I made research in how to turn the recycled filament into a ·D raw material but I failed….did you succeed?

best regards from Philippines

helper
06/06/2017 at 19:51

Hola @judiu puedes ver el proyecto de https://www.3dponics.com/

starter
08/06/2017 at 10:39

Hey, we’re still working on it! We certainly let you know when we succeed!

starter
08/06/2017 at 10:40

Nice inspiration, thanks! Have you already done any of these things?

new
28/09/2017 at 08:01

Definitely–cheers for you! We live on the island of Zanzibar and are starting a basic hydroponic project for growing fodder in two small, traditional villages. I came across this site while trying to figure out how to make/recycle cheap growing trays and–hopefully–eventually produce quantities of them.

Are you making trays? Do you–or anyone else–have some advice for us? A common size seems to be 4ft by 1ft with 1 1/2 inch sides but I think many different sizes would work.

We are exploring aluminum construction as well but it would be fantastic if we could make affordable growing trays from the plastic that washes up on our island.

Nan

Attachments:

starter
11/09/2018 at 10:29

hi guys, how r u going? have u made any progress with your hydroponic setup?

I would like to do somethings along the same lines. if you can get back to me that would be great

thanks

starter
11/09/2018 at 11:18

I’ve been prototyping a few different designs for hydroponic flood trays. From what I understand, HDPE is easier to recycle but it is less rigid then ABS for example. I had some success making a microgreen liner tray from folded HDPE but chose to go with ABS for the vacuum formed flood trays. The trick is getting the recycled material formed into a sheet with even thickness. Inconsistencies in thickness or material cohesion will result in leaky containers.  An extruded gutter or half-pipe might be the simplest design I can think of.

Attachments:
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪