We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

idea for producing plastic pellets

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Malik V. 3 weeks ago.

Malik V. mvenson

idea for producing plastic pellets

23/05/2019 at 17:16

been trying to think of a was to attach some kind of blade on  the end of my extruder that would produce a fairly round pellet but Im stuck on ideas!

4 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
23/05/2019 at 18:06

Also have not figured this out yet.

You should be able to have the plastic ‘drip’ into a container of water, like candle wax, using the cooling on the outside, and the preasure on the inside to create a somewhat round form, but maybe I’m just dreaming…

starter
24/05/2019 at 02:28

Kinda curious how @davehakkens chopped up his extruded plastic in those “running your own place” videos.  Seems like it would be a place to start, after you had it hardened, cooled and rolled up, though.

dedicated
24/05/2019 at 03:35

Depending on how big, how many, and how perfect, I would consider trying a split mold that forms the shape. If they are large, maybe one mold that repeatedly squeezes the correct shape (kind of like a pair of pliers) and drops it into water. If there are a lot of small (airsoft sized?) pellets, maybe a mold with 10 or 15 in a row and the extruder bead is place along the row and then squeezed. If it is a standard size, this could be made with a ball endmill.  For a limited number, may be even cast it in plaster or equivalent.

starter
24/05/2019 at 09:08

I want small pellets. Not some with straight hard edges but something more round. Don’t need to be a bead that is perfect. I thought about attaching a kinda curved bland.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.