We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Indian Startup – Production line suggestions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tanvi 2 months ago.

Akash Jayakumar akashjayakumar

Indian Startup – Production line suggestions

28/05/2019 at 18:50

Hello, I am Akash Jayakumar from India and I have just completed my undergrad and some of us together have started a plastic recycling startup, <b>R-Cube Plastics Pvt Ltd </b>aiming to make the world a better place. We are currently in our R&D and prototyping phase in which we are adding an additive to increase the strength of recycled plastic products.

We have won a grant from the Indian government and have planned to start our first production line with our very own raw material (An additive+Recycled plastic) to make lumbers out of the line. We were greatly inspired by precious plastic’s video of making a beam. If we are able to make a high volume production lumber (Which is a huge hit in the UK) we will be able to products like chairs, tables, benches etc.

We have a tentative production line in mind but we need an expert like you to optimise that design for us. The production line (raw materials – pellets) planned was
<b>Extruder –> Die </b>(with storage space and a rectangular output) <b>–> Cooling </b>(with small water tank) <b>–> two rollers</b> (the lumber will be sent in-between to maintain its thickness) <b>–> Cooling</b> (with a longer water tank) <b>–> Cutting</b> (We have not decided how to cut it)

<b>PS: </b>If you know a better way to do recycled plastic lumbers kindly let us know.

2 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
28/05/2019 at 22:27

@akashjayakumar hello and welcome to Precious Plastic forum. I’m a machine builder from India and you can contact me if you need any help

new
24/06/2019 at 16:28

Hi Akash. My friend has taken up plastic waste in food industry as her topic for final post graduation project in NID. I am helping her with collecting information.  I am a designer too, working in Delhi. We have a long term plan of creating plastic waste collection centres all across the country. We have so many questions to ask. Please connect with us.  Write to me on [email protected]

Attachments:
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪