We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Injected joinery for modular construction

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nicolas 1 week ago.

Adam Toth adamtoth

Injected joinery for modular construction

07/05/2019 at 12:22

The joinery consists of 3 parts connected by one single bolt and the structure can be continued in 12 directions. I made two moulds for the joinery as two of the three parts are the same. After injecting, holes need to be drilled at the connection points with the help of a template. The joinery’s thickness is 9 mm, so you have to cut out the negative shape from the beams that have the same length. For now its in testing phase, it seems strong enough to build bigger structures, like a green house or a tent. Let me know what you think of it, how could it be more simple and if you have a different structure in mind:)

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes
starter
07/05/2019 at 12:25

2 moulds:)

Attachments:
dedicated
07/05/2019 at 18:27

That really looks great. A library of these designs would be a great resource. Have you calculated the load capability of the joints? Looks like the bearing load at the bolt to plastic interface would be the first yield point. Maybe a larger diameter bolt or pin, or a locally thicker pad.

Again, great work

starter
08/05/2019 at 11:26

Great injection mold design. With some changes on the truss angles, this type of connectors could potentially be used to build large scale geodesic structures.
Keep us updated on progress, this opens up a large number of application including house building.

warrior
14/05/2019 at 10:31

ohhhhh, that’s just what i’m missing to create geodesic structures 😀 !!! awesome !!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.