We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Injection Compression Combo machine

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Esteban 2 months ago.

Butte Metz btmetz

Injection Compression Combo machine

15/08/2019 at 02:28

Inspired by the Spain guys use of the car jack for the injection, I started designing a combo injection/compression molder.

think of a shop press.

We can change to either a piston or a mold plate using plumbing fittings.

The bottom half of the machine is the injection.  (sorry you will have to stoop down a little to use it)

the top half is the compression molder.  We have a removable plate for the compression.

Also the frame is changed to square tubing and the tubing acts as a linear guide to keep the parts from wobbling.  The jack by itself can wobble without guidance.

Pictured is the compression only machine.

Next version, change from U channel steel to square tube.  the tube will be the frame and a linear guide.

Attachments:
2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
new
19/08/2019 at 15:17

nice work Butte ! keep us posted please. currently we’re trying to make it similar work but with a 50 cm hydraulic piston and a custom pump (for more speed). as for the compression, I think we will opt for a square to distribute pressure a little better. if that all works, we still want to use the same frame for sheet maker rollers; a little more challenging to have this all work without re-configuring it too long, especially to have it sized for good shipping prices.

starter
03/10/2019 at 19:40

Good Idea, I will make something similar.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪