Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Injection Moulding Machine Built in Rural India

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Aniruddha Aniruddha 5 days ago.

Profile gravatar of AniruddhaAniruddha
ani0555

Injection Moulding Machine Built in Rural India

20/03/2017 at 07:35

I’m posting here on the behalf of the maker community at Vigyan Ashram, Pabal, India.
I happened to visit the place last weekend and stumbled upon a Precious Plastics Injection Machine.
What made it rather incredible is that this place is the worlds only rural FabLab, tackling mostly rural challenges. It is located 60 kilometers away from the nearest city. It mainly functions as a skill training space for rural youth who may not have completed formal education but was also the first FabLab outside the USA. It just amazes me how many people this project has reached. Most trainees here may not even be able to point out The Netherlands on a map.

It was constructed by two girls who study here. Suvarna from India and Than from Thailand. I wasn’t able to meet them in person but one of their collegues obliged to pose with the machine and a workshop mentor was happy to share with me their plans for the machine. It appears that the students may have been a bit shy to share it here so I asked them if I could do it.

Next, they plan to make a shredder and mould for educational toys. So far the machine has been used more as an extruder.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Folks that were just here

Profile picture of Sagar Sharma
    Profile picture of Michael
    Profile picture of Andrade
    Profile picture of Joris Stolker
    Profile picture of Luis Guerreiro
    Profile picture of Flo
    Profile picture of Ramdhan
    Profile picture of Uros Arsenovic
    Profile picture of Patricio
    Profile picture of Carl F.
  • Newest posts