Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Inspiring movies to watch

This topic contains 15 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jimena Ramon Montemayor 6 days ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Inspiring movies to watch

15/03/2017 at 00:16

I’m not really into books, more of a video guy. And i’m a big fan of watching documentaries. Mainly the ones that are about problems in the world, food, fashion, plastic, consumerism, bank systems etc. This is huge source of inspiration for my projects. I get triggered by this and to try and come up with a solution. Over the years i’ve watched quite a few good and bad ones. In this post I will share the ones i’ve seen, liked and think are relevant to watch.

I’m sure you have seen some of them as well. And i’m always up for seeing new ones. If you have seen a good one that I should watch post it in the comments and press the heart on others to filter good ones ❤️

🌍 Big picture stuff
Venus project ⚡️
Cosmos Space Odyssey ⚡️
Zeitgeist

🍲Food
Daily bread ⚡️
Fed Up ⚡️
Cowspiracy
King Corn
Food inc
Fat sick nearly death
Supersize me
Jiri dream sushi

🌳Environment
Story of Stuff ⚡️
Manufactured landscapes ⚡️
An inconvenient truth
Planet earth
How to change the world
Human

♻️Plastic
– Addicted to plastic
Plastic planet
Bag it

👕Fashion
True cost ⚡️

🎥Other
The spirit science youtube channel  ⚡️
Exit through the giftshop ⚡️
Black mirror ⚡️
Inside Job
Capitalism a love story
AFK, the pirate bay

3+
19/03/2017 at 23:08

Nice! Many new movies on my to-watch list now, thanks!
Just watched another interesting one: Tomorrow

Toggle replies
5+
20/03/2017 at 16:48

Mission blue – a documentary about the great oceanographer Sylvia Earle, such a beautiful and inspiring movie about how the oceans changed in the last 50 years.

Chasing ice – “the story of one man’s mission to change the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing planet” by photographing how the big glaciers of our planet are quickly melting down.

Catching the sun – not very beautifully taken, but effective in the content. About the solar energy: a clean energy, a way to decrease unemployment, a huge investment for the countries (like China..).

Thanks for sharing your movies, good idea!

Toggle replies
2+
31/03/2017 at 17:42

The future of cities , I really like this one.

And i totaly agree with katharinaelleke Demain-le film is a great one

Bye

Toggle replies
2+
01/04/2017 at 00:17

The Smog of The Sea – Incredibly shot, beautiful music, and impressively relaxing. Follows a research cruise as they explore the world of microplastics.

Plastic Paradise – Documentary following a reporter as she demystifies the idea of a “Great Pacific Garbage Patch,” explores plastic, BPA, and their history, and more.

Toggle replies
2+
01/04/2017 at 20:31

Hi guys!

A few months ago a came across this documentary about japanese woodworking and I love it! Hope you guys like it too
Building Without Nails The Genius of Japanese Carpentry

Toggle replies
2+
09/04/2017 at 20:00

Nice list!!, Thanks for share!

I also recomend “Waste Land”, a British-Brazilian documentary film that mix art, human collaboration, recyclable materials and transformation.

I send a big hug for all the community of this amazing project!

Toggle replies
3+
19/04/2017 at 08:36

Before the Flood is also worth checking out

Toggle replies
1+
26/04/2017 at 14:04

Yesterday, I’ve watched Billions in Change. I let you enjoy ! What saddens me is that there is nothing open-source currently… But I’m sure we can replicate some of their stuff ! I think I’m gonna open a new topic about it.

Toggle replies
3+
28/04/2017 at 08:14

Great list! Lots on there that I still need to watch.

With regards to food Carnage is a pretty funny but also enlightening mockumentary. Also What the Health is next up on my list.

In terms of the ‘bigger picture’ I’ve heard that Hypernormalisation is very good, if a little out there. I’m yet to watch it myself though.

With regards to the incredible beauty of the world, and for a really aesthetically pleasing watch check out Baraka and Samsara.

Toggle replies
11/05/2017 at 16:10

University of California has been launching series of interesting short video’s on environmental topics which I found quite interesting! There’s still 2 video’s to be launched but I liked the first 4 a lot.
All videos can be seen here:
https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/climate-lab

Toggle replies
28/05/2017 at 09:20

@luisbuenfil The video took me all the way to the eco friendly days!

Toggle replies
1+
08/06/2017 at 12:19

The most toxic place in America. Reveals the arrogance & stupidity of man.

The most hated man in Britain. “Interesting” perspective of a fearful business tycoon. Amoral & influential, Nicholas van Hoogstraten is alleged to be the biggest private landholder in Zimbabwe. Definitely a case of knowing the mentality of people you may encounter and be competing against.

Toggle replies
11/08/2017 at 12:25

Hi!

I agree with you, Mission Blue was such and inspiration and I would highly recommend watching Chasing coralfrom the same creators of Chasing Ice, by the name you could guess it talks about the importance of conserving coral reefs due to their critical status, with an amazing footage and a very emotional plot.

And for all plastic lovers A plastic Ocean is an incredible mind changing documentary as well as Platic China.

Greetings from the Maldives!

Jimena

Attachments:
Toggle replies
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.