We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Is it possible to prepare material for 3d-printer?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sergio Salazar 4 years ago.

Anton Sozorov aumant

Is it possible to prepare material for 3d-printer?

26/04/2016 at 05:59

If yes – what models of 3d printers can print from preciousplastic produced plastic?

8 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
helper
26/04/2016 at 12:42

Here is a overview of 3D Printer Filaments https://www.matterhackers.com/3d-printer-filament-compare

I would say as long as you make the Filament the right size I would say, most models would print it, however my understanding is the some 3d printers will print some type of Filaments better than others.

If I was you I would work out what type of recycled plastic is available to you, (Example) PET #1 is used in 3d printing, then pick a machine accordingly.

But please do lots of research within the 3d print community.

@aumant

helper
28/04/2016 at 00:52

Here is a post you may find interesting @aumant

W.Afate: African inventor makes 3D printer from scrap

starter
28/04/2016 at 07:17

@enviro, thank you for the very interesting information!

starter
28/04/2016 at 22:31

Hi there,
I think it’s possible to produce PET recycled filament.
But i’m not sure if it’s necessary to mix it with another plastics.
Regards, Diego

helper
29/04/2016 at 00:23

This guy has a number of videos on making a Filament Extruder so he can use recycled plastic, there are lots more on youtube.

I maybe wrong but I don’t think you would mix anything in to the PET, PET filament is sold as PET not PET + something.

helper
05/05/2016 at 01:19

Some more info over here as-well on the subject

starter
27/05/2016 at 01:11

Hi, im Sergio Salazar, im from Mexico, and im a part of a group interested in the recycling plastic and we all admire your work and social activities, in the other hand we are very interested in to produce filaments from recycling materials, we have been investigate about this process, but we can’t find how the 3D printers can identify this material and can work with it, so, is it necessary a special 3D printer that can work to this material? or it need a special additives or something like that? or maybe is it the extrusion procces the key?.

I would really appreciate if you help me with my research, thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪