We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Jon Bylund, from Sweden

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jon Bylund 1 year ago.

Jon Bylund bamsejon

Jon Bylund, from Sweden

04/12/2018 at 02:50

Hi there,

Living in a small town called Grycksbo, about 250 km north of Stockholm. Got really excited about this as its all about creating an economical value of plastic wich then will have a great value to the environment.

As I am an IT-guy, I immediately started to have ideas of automating the process of sorting plastic as well as automating the whole process. Got an idea of a totally automated plastic recycling station, where you put your plastic in one and and get a 3D-printed product in the other end 🙂

Been doing some home automation at home, as well as played around with AI, which should be combined with this. It could be so awesome!

However, I am now learning the basics, one step at a time. I have been thinking about purchasing a new shredder, but, I really want to know how to improve this, so, I have decided to try to build a shredder from scratch. I have never ever worked with metals before and are an office guy, but are longing to work with my hands and use my knowledge in IT to combine that.

I am really excited, however, in my region, it seems that I am the only one that have seen this and are interesting to create a team to work on this and perhaps create a business of it. To get it to be self independent in a small scale should be awesome and inspire more people to use plastic and actually don’t throw it away.

In Sweden, I would say, the recycling of plastic is done, but in a larger scale. However, a lot is still thrown away, as we don’t get paid for sorting it for recycling. (Except PET-bottles)

0 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Folks that were just here

Profile picture of Дмитрий
    Profile picture of Dave
    Profile picture of Nick
    Profile picture of Butte Metz
    Profile picture of Leon Held
    Profile picture of Pablo Varona Borges
    Profile picture of Julio Duque
    Profile picture of Gustavo Merckel
    Profile picture of Allan
    Profile picture of Bashir Muzakkari
    Profile picture of Gaston Marquez