We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Kamp and Precious Plastic Canada

Zachary Miller makedo

Kamp and Precious Plastic Canada

11/05/2019 at 00:18

Hello Zachary here.

I have been following the movement for sometime now and want to be able to offer my support. Here is what I have to offer.

I have a farm, and a electronics recycling center. I have the space and infrastructure for the most part to be able to support a Precious Plastics and Kamp project in my area. I have a 4300 square ft building in town, and a 20 acre farm. I am looking for 25 people who are interested in helping with this project. Currently just myself working 12hr days to try to be the change in the world that I want to see. I have been slowly collecting the parts to build the plastics recycling tools. Also I have been developing a business plan to start a household recycling center for the town that I live in.

On the Kamp side of things been collecting a few people and want to build a Solviva style 3000sqft green house, and farm the land for food.

I could really use some help.

Attachments:
7 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
3 likes
sort on date
warrior
24/05/2019 at 22:19

@makedo

@robb
is trying to setup something similar in the Netherlands. His posts on the subject are pretty eloborate, so be sure to check them out. I’ll also be helping him.

I’m brewing beer and water kefir for extra CO2, also sometimes attracts volunteers 🙂

What would be your priority?

Finding people or getting the Infrastructure up and running?

starter
24/05/2019 at 21:59

Thank you both for your inputs.

@frogfall

As of yet we have very few people that are close to our location but I will continue to hunt to make up a team of 20/ish people. The closest member of PP is located 5 hrs away. Also there seems to be a large amount of members on the east coast of Canada. I believe the best way to get people involved will be to educate people and invite people to the community.

If need be wood can be used for heating and power generation, as there are many wood mills in the area. I would like to be able to used an alternate source that has fewer emotions, Geothermal, solar, wind, biogas, thermal mass compost, steam or maybe even a sterling which uses temperature differences to power a zero emission engine.

@donald

Agreed, I look forward to future collaboration on growing/green housing. Also as far as mycology goes i have been studying and practicing for 7 years now. I am interested in creating closed loop air cycles with a greenhouse and mushroom house to take advantage of the CO2 produced in mycology to enrich the atmosphere of the greenhouse to hopefully increase vegetative rates and mitigate CO2 emissions by trying to sequester some of the CO2 produced.

Also either way I support exchange of knowledge in collaboration or solicitation of knowledge sharing and training, lets keep the ball rolling

Zachary

warrior
24/05/2019 at 22:51

Wwoof was also one of the first sites that come to my mind, but I’ll see what else I can come up with.

I posted a book in the Kamp-ers Library  topic called ‘the Moneyless Manifesto’ that also includes several sites and communities that might be of interest.

Do you already have a website?

Or a video?

You might borrow a page out of the Precious Plastic playbook and make a clear presentation of the project and invite people to come help against room and board (the basic wwoof scenario). Especially the Plastic connection might give you an edge, like in building a prototype hydro greenhouse with recycled materials.

It’s already late in the evening here in Eindhoven, so i will be signing of soon.

I’ll also think about maybe starting a slack or another way to directly communicate.

All this general banter is still in the general interest of the Forum, but once we go specific, a private communication channel might work better.

starter
24/05/2019 at 22:33

@frogfall
Thank you for the spelling correction.

@donald

I think i need people most of all. Have the tools the space the parts to build the equipment. I just need the team, labour group hope are interested in working together. Do you know of any sites similar to woofing that would work to put the word out>

warrior
24/05/2019 at 22:27

or maybe even a sterling which uses temperature differences to power a zero emission engine.

Sorry to be pedantic, but…  😉

That should be Stirling – named after The Reverend Dr Robert Stirling.

Stirling cycle machines are a particular favourite topic of mine…

warrior
23/05/2019 at 07:40

@makedo

Such a shame Canada is a bit of a long commute for me, because I would love to help with the greenhouse (and the other stuff).

I’m currently experimenting on a much smaller scale (Urban Homesteading), but just let me know if you want any input on your large scale project(s).

Combining a greenhouse with Precious Plastic actually makes sense if you are going to grow Hydroponic or start sprouting/microveg or even mycelium (e.g. oyster mushrooms on coffee grinds).

warrior
22/05/2019 at 23:36

Hi Zachary,

I just clicked on your map pin link – and now I see why wood heating is probably a sensible option for you 😉

Have you had any contact from any forum members within a sensible radius yet?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪