We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Kickstarter and GoFundMe

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by K.
Melissa leopard4

Kickstarter and GoFundMe

04/11/2018 at 22:12

Hello All,

I’ve been a huge fan of Precious Plastics for years. I’d love to make this mini-recycling plant a reality in Buffalo, NY. Is it acceptable to start a Kickstarter and/or a GoFundMe page for the machine cost, rent, pretty much everything needed to get started? I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot. I appreciate your time.

1 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
16/03/2019 at 20:06

I’d say first join your own local precious plastic community https://map.preciousplastic.com

Everyone will face the issue of not having enough money to start a project, but if you can just partner with say the 5 people near you who already have everything you need… you won’t have to spend a dime!

Currently, I have seen 9 projects on GoFundMe related to Precious Plastics, on average they are all asking for $7500 to get started.

Why start alone when you’ll most likely face issues, that others have already faced and overcome.

Also educate your neighbourhood about what you’re doing and the problem you’re trying to solve.Go to the library, public spaces, schoolls etc. etc.  I’m sure people will see value in what you’re doing and they will/may donate either money or plastics towards your project!.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪