We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Land seek: Spain

Ra raulserrano

Land seek: Spain

21/05/2018 at 10:37

Websites to find out lands for sale/rent in Spain:
Idealista: most famous site, english ready
fotocasa: english ready
milanuncios: spanish craiglist, just spanish
contraladespoblacion: forum to talk about rural depopulation, just spanish

Other interesting sites:
Red Ibérica de Ecoaldeas (Iberian Ecovillage Network): just in spanish, they make an open meeting every summer on different

There is a range of prices, depending of developable/rustic terrain. Depending on witch town hall you ask you could build some little house on a rustic terrain, but I beleive this project needs a developable terrain (terreno urbanizable in spanish).  Many lands are offline, so riding around and asking locals is always a nice way to approach.

There are also huge amount of rural depopulation in Spain, just take a look to Galicia’s map of abandoned towns, northwest of Spain.

Hope this helps 🙂

ra

Attachments:
13 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
3 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Land seek: Spain

warrior
21/05/2018 at 11:01

super nice! Thanks for documenting it properly like this 🙂 Got this website to add from another thread of @malor, its to find big pieces of land/farms/villages in spain. Amazing map, looks surreal

starter
21/05/2018 at 11:14

well, in my opinion, aldeasabandonadas.com speculate with abandoned towns, I would not try to connect with that page

starter
21/05/2018 at 15:41

After some research I have selected interesting spanish lands on Idealista, following some filters:
– Spanish land on sale
– Type of land: “developed” category
– Max: 80.000€
– Min: 10.000 m2

1) Teleña, Asturias : 36.000€/10.000m2 — in the mountains near Picos de Europa national park. 30m from beach, 1h30m to two airports (Asturias and Santander). With classic rock buildings. Asturias is north of Spain, meaning more raining but greener.

2) Herbas, Cáceres :  48.000€/22.000m2 — near beautiful mountain area (Gredos). Witch classic rock buildings + own well, irrigation water and a small pond + caravan. But bit far from airport (2h45m to Madrid airport). But relative near Madrid (Spain’s capital)

3) Cullar, Granada : 70.000€/100.000m2(!) — Granada has great Andalucia weather, this place is a really extend piece of land. Looks like there is some water in photos. 1h20m to Granada’s Airport.

4) Bembibre, Leon : 75.000€/10.000m2 — 2h to Coruña Airport (Galicia). Near to freeway. It belongs to El Bierzo, really nice area in Leon. two old houses and ships, it was an old farm. Near the river.

5) Higuera de las Dueñas, Ávila : 70.000€/70.000m2 — Between Madrid and Gredos mountain area. 1h20m to Madrid Airport. It says endless water well, fence closed, plain terrain, centenary olivetrees.

6) Boltaña, Huesca : 50.000€/15.000m2 — Near Sierra de Guara, famous for being one of the best places for canyoning. 1h20m to Huesca-Pirineos Airport.

* You can extend search by applying also “buildable” type of land, but it may have building limitations.
** I am able to call the owner to ask more questions or get more pics
*** Must say not all airports have International flights

Attachments:

starter
21/05/2018 at 15:56

Here you can check spanish airports comunication.
In relation with previous info, best connected to Netherlands:
(2) and (5) Madrid to: AMSTERDAM, EINDHOVEN, etc
(1) Santander to: DUSSELDORF

warrior
21/05/2018 at 21:49

awesome overview! One problem though. they all look incredible 😍

helper
22/05/2018 at 09:14

Wow great content @raulserrano

Also thanks for the feedback about  aldeasabandonadas.com I don’t know anything about this website, it’s just what i found around 2 years ago looking around the internet.

Also you’re right to check the distance from airport it is a criteria that i would never thought of but can be very practical in terms of mobilizing people on the spot.

22/05/2018 at 18:43

i would recommend you to visit a few ‘eco-villages’ here in spain/catalonia, I visited a few dozen all over spain in the last ten years, they all have quit some problems ! Did you ever try live in such community ? it requires quite some strength! Also about food production, i know many communities (serious ones) who simply gave it up; it’s ok for complementary but that’s it.

the best place to grow such project is however around galicia or Catalonia, in mid/south spain (but not Baleares, anymore) you will have a hard time to find a place with a non polluted or functional dwelling.

however, also consider that most interesting places in spain don’t go through agencies. you’ll get much better offers through friends!

If you need help, we’re in Catalonia, my girl-friend is ex-estate agent, she can evaluate places here. I know that you can get awesome places south/north of Barcelona for pretty cheap. Most of them are a car hour away from the next city.

just saying, but it’s true, best place in europe for such project is rather spain due to low barriers and relative cheap supplies.
kind regards,
Guenter

starter
22/05/2018 at 18:54

@mc007 I must say that Catalunya is a great place to start this kind of project (same as Galicia), but there are lot of places with good water too, lets say Granada or south face of Gredos (Candeleda, La Vera, etc)

22/05/2018 at 19:11

about Granada: i lived there 3 years, there are couple of working communities, but basically it’s a desert with little to no suitable infrastructure, the reason we moved to Catalonia: better connections to supplies, more related & successful projects, more water ! about Basque area, hard to get land but if you’re are lucky, well, I will envy you :-). Also, don’t forget that EU countries dump their banned GMO food production in Andalucia (coast part). It’s polluted like f***. If you’re lucky you get something near Sierra Nevada, up in the mountains, but there will be very limited offer, we tried that already. Also the whole area is pretty conservative and corrupt. Granada is basically a city for Erasmus students, temp. people…, hard to grow a project there with the locals, we tried that too.

In Catalonia you will have plenty of good water, a friend of mine bought an entire hill, for 200k, he has a river going through his property, drinkable water : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076884172325635

so yes, if you want to stay on the safe side with water: Galicia (green, green and lots of water), Catalonia(more above 500 meter to make sure), and anything near the Pyrenees. Catalonia also suffers from the lack of regulation about water pollution because of corruption in the pig and textile industry).

starter
22/05/2018 at 19:14

@mc007 in that case, amen — Asturias?

22/05/2018 at 19:24

Asturias: extreme beautiful but I know it’s hard to get land that size needed in the entire Basque area. If you do: you’re the lucky one. Land goes from mouth to mouth there. You need friends there to manage such thing. It’s also kind of tourist area and I can’t recommend anything as soon tourism is involved in Spain: overpriced, temp. season workers, hard to get supplies for machines,… and hard to find serious people in such areas. But it’s just my impression, I can be wrong. It’s an area I didn’t explore enough yet 🙂 As somebody noticed right in the Youtube video of the project: you want to be near some infrastructure 🙂
g

22/05/2018 at 20:21

needless to say but if Catalonia is the final choice, count on us! It’s our choice too since we’re looking since long for suitable comrades and a project like this to join. We have some resources to buy land and we’re well connected here 🙂

Just don’t forget the difficulties of living in a community like this, aka ‘eco-villages’, it’s not for everybody and the only groups I know where this really worked were discrete, serious and close friends, from the beginning. The other projects with ‘open door’ policy rather not! Sorry for being a pain in the ass about this.

Apart from this, people & supplies are great here, despite they are somewhat shy here but in terms of success and integration you will be happy here (i am from germany)
g

helper
27/05/2018 at 10:17

Hi there, i got such a good feeling about this project. My girlfriend is from Galicia and now in the Netherlands for 6 months, we are going to live there so if you need some more inside information about Galicia you can contact me. Good luck!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪