We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Large CPU Block Heat dissipation

dhook dhook

Large CPU Block Heat dissipation

16/12/2013 at 09:57

The large/Faster/more competent a CPU gets the hotter it runs.My Droid gets uncomfortable warm when I’m doing heavy computing.I know that my PC CPU has an enormous heat sink and a pretty hefty Fan joined to it at the hip.Is there a solution for a sub-miniature CPU?

7 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
17/12/2013 at 16:15

I wouldn’t be to concerned with that quiet yet, yes it is a concern however before we know what cpu we will use there is now way to know how to dissipate the heat from it.

18/12/2013 at 08:58

Whatever CPUblock is chosen the chooser should keep an eye on the heat output byproduct of operation.

19/12/2013 at 19:53

depends on size of cpu. possably make is a blok on the side so that it can have a side fan to expel heat?thats a possable solution, but it would incress the size of the blok…

19/12/2013 at 23:16

I don’t think that a ‘fan’ would be appropriate on a hand held battery powered device.It would only add to the weight, size and power consumption of the device.What we need to seek is a cpu that produces the minimal possible heat output for its capabilities.

19/12/2013 at 23:48

I think that having a heatsink to cover the entire ‘back’ of the phone (or where the blocks are located) would help to dissipate the heat accordingly. I’d have thought that removing the CPU and heatsink may be required to change blocks without a malfunction (possibly through turning off the device as well).

20/12/2013 at 18:35

but an additional heatsink would make the phone thicker. and by the looks of it, it looks like its already 1 cm thick. i dont think a literal block for phonebloks is the way to go. it should be something slim to dispactch heat and so on. mabey place cpu block someplace where your hand rarely is? or something like that, and build in fan?

22/12/2013 at 06:54

Either we can put another layer of heatsink component on top of the hardware components or place the CPU at the side of the base.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪