We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

laser cutting shredder parts in Sydney

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Russell payne 6 months ago.

diego oceanplastic

laser cutting shredder parts in Sydney

20/09/2017 at 04:48

Hello Australian Shredder builders!

I’ve found a laser cutter in Sydney NSW, Australia that will lower his price on the shredder parts according to how many sets are ordered at once. Please let me know if you’re interested in ordering your set with me by posting on this topic and mentioning if you’d like the parts in mild or stainless steel.

Stainless is pricier but will have a longer life and require less maintenance. I will give us until 27/09/17 to come together for a group order before i order mine.

As an individual, his quote in stainless steel is AUD$860 + GST for laser cutting only. He mentioned he’d get back to me with a quote for additional canvassing, which i’m not clear yet if required and an alternative quote for mild steel.

I’ll post all updates on this topic.

Diego
Ocean Plastic
+61 451094602
[email protected]

6 replies
4 subscribers
0 saved
starter
08/09/2018 at 05:46

Hi Diego,
I have just joined the forum and want to know how many guys are in this forum as an Australian group in relation to the machinery.
Do you also know what version the shredder laser cutting files are up to at this point in time?
What is the name of the laser cutting company that you have used in Sydney?
Regards,
Gavin Stewart.

starter
08/09/2018 at 10:05

Hi, just joined and i’m from Melbourne. I contacted a couple of people close to me to find out what they r up to.

i’ll try to keep u in mind if I can find someone who can build one around here

new
11/09/2018 at 12:47

Hi,

I Just joined here as well. I’d love to hear how the mild steel quote goes…$860 is a bit steep for me being a full time uni student and only working part time.

I’ve been thinking about building a cost effective shredder for a while now. I was tossing up with the idea of paying to have the rotating and fixed blades cut out of stainless or mild steel and then I would build the rest of the housing and framework out of wood.

If you do go through with the order, would you be open to adding on a set of blades to the order but leave the rest out?

Cheers,

Damien

starter
21/09/2018 at 10:27

Hi everyone,

Did anyone manage to build a PP machine using this? I’d love to get the details of the laser cutter you used if so.

If not and you are still interested in helping out on a sydney based project please feel free to message me! I’m working very hard on getting one up and running.

Thank you
Emily

starter
12/10/2018 at 07:39

Hi guys!
Your costs should be more like $450-500 each for 316SS, as I can get this done in Perth for that price.
Use v2.1 files and swap out the files to use  1” hex bar, as 27mm is really hard to find!!
Ive just got mine up and running.

starter
15/12/2018 at 01:14

I can get the shredder box cut for 370 in atainless steel if i can get 5 orders together
Including myself i have 1 other person intrested.
I need 3 more people to order, this person can also supply the hex sharft and anything else you require
Email me if you are interested
[email protected]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.