We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

LDPE plastic bag recycling from retailer waste

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heather Jeffery 3 years ago.

Heather Jeffery re4mottawa

LDPE plastic bag recycling from retailer waste

10/04/2016 at 20:22

Hello!
My name is Heather, I am the Founder of Re4m.
Re4m is a company that wants to focus on reducing waste in the retail industry. Now we are working on recycling LDPE film bags (the bags used in shipping almost all consumer product) into products for retailers (ie. clothes hangers, waste bins, product display items, bowls etc) Has anyone played around with film plastics yet and plastic bags? We are thinking of sheet forming and injection molding. @davehakkens Do you have any suggestions or tips for recycling LDPE plastic films? more specifically, temperature settings for melting, grinding systems, or any other info you have from experimenting with that type of plastic? Thanks so much and good luck to everyone!

2 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
12/04/2016 at 20:57

Hi Heather,

I didn’t see your post before so I posted an item on this subject under the section ‘research on plastic’ yesterday. I am also interested in plastic bag recycling and have been thinking a bit on the matter, you can read it to see what my first ideas would be to use plastic bags with the machines from Dave. I propose to share any information we get under this thread.

Recycling Plastic Bags

Also, under ‘share your plastic creations’ there is a post by Gisella from Chile which is part of a company that creates all kinds of product from recycled plastic bags!

https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/la-bolsa-loca-makes-stuffs-with-plastic-bags/

Cheers,

Cyrille

starter
14/04/2016 at 04:09

Oh great! Thank you very much Cyrille. I will be sure to check out both of your links and I will keep you updated with any useful information I find.
Cheers!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.