Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Litteratti – Recources for your Machines!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 2 months ago.

Vasy vasy

Litteratti – Recources for your Machines!

24/04/2017 at 09:46

Hello there!

There is a movement called: Litterati, which locate waste, take a photo of it (geo tag, timestamp, category tag), upload it to a public map and of course throw it into the bin.

I think the to community (the PP and the Litterati) should cooperate, in all kind of possible levels.

For example, when somebody is using the litterati APP, if he/she can see in the app in a different map to where can he/she bring her plastic waste for the best recycling.

Or there can be a trash service which is collects these homa plastic waste packages and redistribute it between local PP workroom, and in the litterati app you can volunteer to give away your waste for this purpose.

Sorry for my bad english…

Litterati TED talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWv1nQJP13o

@mattia-io,
@davehakkens

What do you think?

3+
25/04/2017 at 09:22

interesting concept! All areas tagged with #plastic is a mine of material for us 😀

Toggle replies
1+
28/04/2017 at 10:38

@davehakkens

what do you think about collaboration? the two communities can have a quite large intersection and help each other

Toggle replies
01/05/2017 at 09:19

@mattia-io? What do you think?

Toggle replies
07/05/2017 at 08:14

@mattia-io?

Toggle replies
07/05/2017 at 09:15

@vasy
The team is currently busy with a project for Kenya (they leave in a week) So they are too busy to reply. It should be cool if the plastic from Literatti has a better end life then be thrown away for sure!

Toggle replies
07/05/2017 at 09:23

@mathijsstroober thank you, for the alernt, i should step back for a while

Toggle replies
17/05/2017 at 22:14

I love this idea. Came across Litteratti a while ago and defintely wanted to include it in my plans with Precious Plastic. I’m following this thread…

Toggle replies
18/05/2017 at 10:19

@vasy @faro360: do you have any ideas how to start? Do you have contact with Litterati?

Toggle replies
18/05/2017 at 17:38

hi @mathijsstroober!

Yes I’m in contact with two of them. They’ve a very low response time (because of reasons)

Toggle replies
03/06/2017 at 15:56

I don’t have any concrete idea’s, but I was thinking it could be useful in clean up actions or awareness campaigns, which I hope to include in my work with PP. Maybe create a competition? Or a before/after image, with pic of piece of trash vs pic of the new object in which trash is used?

Toggle replies
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.