Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

Looking for a moderator!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Hakkens 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Looking for a moderator!

15/04/2016 at 19:17

Hi everyone.

Good to see the forums are getting so active! Like some of you know, we have a very tiny team and i’m currently traveling through Asia with very bad internet connections. Its difficult for us to keep track of everything that is going on in the forums and make sure it is all organised.

We could really use the help of a moderator. Someone that makes sure posts are in the right category, help users to find their way and try to avoid double questions.

Obviously everyone can help a little bit with this! But we are looking for someone that can help us move topics, merge posts and is interested being here for the long run.

(we are still improving the backend of the forums, so it might be a little bit of ‘figuring out your workflow’ 🙂

Let us know below if you are interested!

Dave

16/04/2016 at 00:49

Hi David,

How are you?

My partner and I just finished watching all the videos on ‘Story Hopper’ and I was browsing here to learn more about you.
I read about Phonebloks some time ago and I was amazed to see the project was proposed by you. We really admire everything you are doing – my partner loves ‘Precious Plastic’.

Fun fact is that we met and got married in Enschede, Netherlands – and you’re Dutch. We love Holland and plan to move back soon.

A quick summary on my background: I’ve been working in web for about 5 years and I have a great experience in WordPress. I’d love to support your community if you give the pleasure to. I can also support your social media activities.

Feel free to reach me at fonseca.gabriella@gmail.com and keep doing amazing stuff!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Gabriella
imgabi.com

Toggle replies
17/04/2016 at 03:28

I’d love to help you by being a moderator! I’ve been a community manager for over 8 years and really love this project. I additionally have a lot of experience in blogging, social, word press etc. I’m located in Eindhoven and really want to help anyone make anything. https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/hi-im-joris/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jorispeels

Toggle replies
17/04/2016 at 17:15

would love to be a moderator. As long as someone can get me started. I am home evening and would love something to do besides cleaning.

Toggle replies
18/04/2016 at 13:31

Thanks for the replies!

I made a list of a couple of things you can do already + anyone else that wants to help this community!

1: Ask to post in English. In this way everyone can understand and follow topics.
2: Connect people. some people are from the same area and might want to start something. Try to connect them so they might be able to collaborate with eachother.
3: Link to old topics If you have seen a question coming by before in another topic or something useful link it. Avoids double explanations and threads.
4: Feedback Let us know if something doesn’t work or is unclear or could be improved. We are still learning and improving!

These things can only be done by moderators:
5: Remove spam quite obvious. i’d say
6: Move topics Often topics end up in the wrong forum or category. Move them into the right one to keep things organised.
7: Improve Learn what we can do better and make it easier for people to find their way. Maybe change titles, add sticky topics with explanations, guidelines etc. Little things that make this forum easier to use in the future.
8: Be there Moderators need the stay updated on the new forums replies and know whats going on. Specially during busy times, check several times a day to make sure everything is guided well and its clear for others.

You can already help out with the first part. Let me know if you are up for the second part as well! And we can do a trail-run with by adding moderator-rights to your account 🙂

Toggle replies
20/04/2016 at 11:26

I have been a moderator for Vbull forums in the past and would gladly like to help with becoming a moderator please contact me on KunalRamchurn93@gmail.com

Toggle replies
23/04/2016 at 01:31

@davehakkens Hi Dave, love what you’re doing, just awesome!! Regards moderating I’m happy to help where I can & give it a go, I think one thing that I have found with past experiences is having a number of people from different time zone from around the world helps a heap to keep on top of everything. Anyways happy to help from down under Australia, look forward from hearing from you.

Hansie 🙂

Toggle replies
17/05/2016 at 20:27

Hey Dave! What I think would really be helpful in the forums is to divide them up further, they’re kind of messy. What I mean is to put similar posts under a specific title, such as anything to do with the Shredder under a “Shredder”category, just a thought!

Toggle replies
19/05/2016 at 09:08

Closing this topic. We got @enviro helping out as a moderator 🙂

Toggle replies
19/05/2016 at 09:09

Agree.. I think we need to have a good look at the forums to make them easier to use and navigate..

Toggle replies
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.