We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

LOOKING FOR ECOMATERIAL TO MAKE BAGS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah King 2 years ago.

Grey Rivera grosric

LOOKING FOR ECOMATERIAL TO MAKE BAGS

03/09/2017 at 03:30

Hi everyone. I am a purse/bag designer. I am currently developing a colecction made out of recicled clothing. I wish to recicle water bottles, create textile out of waste plastic and even out of plantain skin but I know nothing about machinery and/or procecess to achieve this. I refuse to use leather and avoid, as much as I can, using new materials.
I once saw some article on a machine that turns empty plastic bottles into t-shirts but couldn’t find a way to adquire or build one.

The plastic waste in this island is a serious one and I want to make a contribution in creating concience and offer attractive alternatives for citicens. Making reciclying fun instead of trashing plastic bottles, etc.

Love to hear from anyone that could shed some light on this matters.

Grey Grey

5 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
starter
03/09/2017 at 04:41

Hi im currently working with some really basic recycling, no need for complex machines, and accidentally found out a leather like texture from recicled plastic bags, tomorrow me and my team are getting together to try more stuff and even make some plastic grocery bags to sell, so maeby we can get in touch, and share some info

starter
03/09/2017 at 04:44

Here is a photo of the plastic bag i made i hope it is useful to you

Attachments:
new
16/10/2017 at 23:39

Hola como has conseguido esa textura??
Esta genial.

starter
25/10/2017 at 22:42

Hello my name is Emmanuel B and I have some plastic woven bags from my job that it’s breaking my heart to throw away. Please help. These bags need a home. And if possible I would fold them up and ship them.

Attachments:
starter
08/11/2017 at 04:42

Hi there! About using plastics for clothes – please be aware that when washed, synthetic clothing releases loads of plastic microfibres into the water that then enters streams and the sea. I think it’s best to steer clear of synthetic clothing if possible.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/sep/27/washing-clothes-releases-water-polluting-fibres-study-finds

Attachments:
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪