We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Made in..

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Han 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Made in..

09/10/2015 at 14:52

Realized the “made in” label doesn’t really have a meaning anymore. Made this suggestion that could make it honest again.

7 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Made in..

new
11/10/2015 at 06:30

Good idea, but the % must be done really well. Because the costs are not the same among all countries. So because of high wages in OCDE countries, where for instance only assembly is done, you could have a high OCDE country percentage, when it’s not really the truth. So yes, you have to introduce relative costs in each concerned countries (materials, labour, transport, etc.)

Now as already discussed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-VTBNMkn_M I unfortunately wonder if it’s realistic :/

warrior
11/10/2015 at 18:09

It is definitely hard to set this up and figure out. I would say almost not doable to get it 100% accurate. But this makes it even weirder how companies could possible say “made in Germany” when realistically, they can’t tell themselves. Adding a percentage is a suggestion, its hard for a company to figure out per product, but easier and more transparent for a consumer. In the end they are using it for marketing reasons, so i feel they should make it right.

helper
11/11/2015 at 11:53

What would be a different, more simple to calculate solution?

helper
13/11/2017 at 21:32

Great Idea. I agree.

helper
17/11/2017 at 08:33

Great idea. I agree that outputs produced should be truthful.

new
22/11/2017 at 23:24

I think it might also be good if there is a hall of shame of products which are actually made in a different country, so we know where they are actually made and it is clear which “producers” are full of crap regarding where it is made.

Your solution is ultimately better, but first heads needs to roll. #notmadein

new
28/12/2017 at 01:01

People are proud to make stuff, to sell their stuff, and even so proud to themselves that they have to plant their flag on the moon for nobody who will visit.
It is I who made it, not you, and I will be known for what I earn!. That is mostly the part that products have to tell where they came from. To lead the costumer to a next product and to follow the maker for more. It’s a pure commercial message.

Awareness of quality looks to me more interesting then where it’s originated. So I rather read the message Handmade by Rashid from Bangladesh then Made by Coca-Cola.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪