We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Melting temperature tests

This topic contains 31 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Teppett 4 months ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Melting temperature tests

25/01/2016 at 21:24

There are different types of plastic and each plastic has its own melting temperature. You can easily find this online. However there is a big difference between the melting range between different temperatures, does it get liquid when it melts and what if you burn it? There a re a lot of stages the material can be molded. We want to visualise this. Making it easier to understand the behaviors of plastic on a specific temperature.
Plan: Make a few simple molds which will be filled with 50 Gram of Plastic(from different types) They will be heated for 40 minutes at different temperatures to see how it behaves

Attachments:
31 replies
8 subscribers
3 saved
6 likes
sort on most likes
new
09/04/2019 at 19:04

Dave,

I have a shrink wrap company and was wondering…hoping this would be able to be recycled in this manner and able to be put to good use. I hate how hard it is to find facilities in the UK to responsibly recycle our off cuts and waste. Is this something you have tried and tested before? I have Spec sheets and can send over samples if you wanted?

Kind regards

Rob

Attachments:
Viewing 31 replies (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.