We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

mold quick release

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony 4 months ago.

Butte Metz btmetz

mold quick release

18/12/2019 at 14:14

after seeing someone elses idea for a mold quick release and the v4 idea, I though I would share mine.

running the extrusion at 60rpm, HDPE and 250c temp setting, I was filling a mold circle of 65mm x8mm in 30 seconds.

With mold changes, and running 4 molds, I was able to average 50 shots per hour.

The vice grip pliers are welded to the plate.

The mold is 3 parts, water jet cut.  top bottom middle.  Plaved in the mold aligned, clamp.  and extrude. need welding gloves for this.

Attachments:
6 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
3 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: mold quick release

hero
19/12/2019 at 20:26

@btmetz
Leaving one side of the mold fixed to the extruder is a great idea, and the other part of the mold could be attached to a hidraulic piston to automate the opening/closing of the mold 🙂
Have you tested this design already?

warrior
21/12/2019 at 01:36

hydraulic is too expensive, although i am looking at a hand cranked unit and a timer to run the machine and control the amount injected.

This unit below is 106USD.

It runs a small 12v pump.  Replace the pump with a SSR (solid state relay) and you got a effective way of metering the amount dispensed.

Attachments:

warrior
23/12/2019 at 12:54

there was a South African guy using a car jack to open and close a mold for a kickstarter that was stillborn..

warrior
24/12/2019 at 12:22

those units in the youtube videos are a big step backwards from the existing machine development.

starter
10/03/2020 at 04:18

I like this idea! I might do this on my injection machine! Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪