We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Molds for injection

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elton 2 years ago.

Elton eltoncarvalho

Molds for injection

07/04/2017 at 18:43

Have you tried using molds out of plaster, using a metal box and making the mold in plaster inside of it?

I’m sorry if this would obviously not work, I was watching the videos and thought this could work, and make replicating objects easier and cheaper. I really want to start this one day, but right now I don’t have means to do it and test this idea :D, maybe onde of you have tried it. Thanks 🙂

5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Molds for injection

helper
10/04/2017 at 19:22

I have tried this with a aluminium box and silicone – it was not a great success as the silicone moved around. Perhaps plaster could work better.

starter
11/04/2017 at 14:26

Nice, thanks for your answer David. I’ve seen plaster with a glass like finishing, I guess that would stop the plastic from sticking to the plaster mold. I’m still checking in my area how can I make my machines cheaper so it’ll be a while until I can test it.

helper
13/04/2017 at 11:33

Just some more thoughts; the glasslike finish might not be necessary. If you worry about getting out the mold you can consider 2 things:
– Release agent; vasline works great.
– one time molds. One could cast an item inside a solid plaster box, inside the metal box. Remove from metal box, Smash the mold and hopla 🙂

new
16/04/2017 at 10:17

Hello,
Nice to hear the same ideas floating in my thoughts being discussed! Has anybody tried heat proof cement or quick cement made for repairing heating systems?

starter
20/04/2017 at 13:12

Nice, when I get my machines I’ll try that, thanks again.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.