We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

My band heaters conduct electricity

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ken Sulman 2 years ago.

Farid Ahmad Sofizada faridahmadsofizada

My band heaters conduct electricity

13/04/2018 at 14:36

Hi community, I just received my band heaters, but two of them conduct electricity. Please help me if you have the solution.

6 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
hero
14/04/2018 at 07:41

@faridahmadsofizada
All resistances conduct electricity, but assuming you are refering to the fact that you receive a shock when you touch them:

Do they heat? If you feel an electric shock when touching them or the barrel and they don’t produce heat, then it means the resistance inside is broken and current does not flow across it, which means they have an open circuit. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can do to fix them other than replacing them

starter
14/04/2018 at 08:02

Olivier, they do heat the barrel very well.
They have shocked me couple of times.
Also have to mention that til now two switches are burned as well.

hero
14/04/2018 at 22:44

@faridahmadsofizada there’s a short somewhere in your wiring

starter
15/04/2018 at 05:08

@xxxolivierxxx, yes, I think it’s in the switch, since I am using two connector switches.
Now I’m considering to use a fuse. It that even necessary? If so, please give me some specifications and a photo of the fuse if possible.

hero
15/04/2018 at 06:30

If you know what you are doing then fuses are not necessary, since the main fuse you need is in the breaker box of your home electric connection.

helper
26/04/2018 at 18:01

make sure you have earthed the equipment.

Ken

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪