We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

My Idea !

Flynn flynn

My Idea !

02/01/2014 at 17:19

Just look at the picture , you will know πŸ˜€ bit long to explain by writing here …

11 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on date

In reply to: My Idea !

13/01/2014 at 22:25

I like the idea

13/01/2014 at 13:21

Why not instead of having a circle for the hole that the bloks lock into make it more of a rectangle so that you simply push the blocks into the holes and than slide them up 2.0 mm into almost a “locking” position and simply have a small bar at the bottom of the phone that once all the bloks are slid into the locking position is screwed into the base to prevent them from sliding down and falling out. the “rectangle” I refer to is almost like the slot you use to hang your clock on the wall.

09/01/2014 at 19:11

Dean wrote: correct me if i’m wrong but i’m allways told that magnets have a negative effent on memory components and batteries, or does this nog applly on phone components? I never heard that but i can imaging. And there is an posability that the magnets (dependig on the power of the magnets) disturb wireless things like bleuthoot, wifi, 3G

09/01/2014 at 12:03

TBJM wrote: Now i was thinking maybe the magnets to hold the covers isn’t a good idea, the cover protects the blocks by falling on the ground but then what if the magnets would not hold the cover and fals off because of the shock of the phone with the ground then the blocks aren’t protected anymore.I think there needs to be another a secondary way to hold the parts together.I’m going to think and work on that those days. If anyone have an idea please share it!! correct me if i’m wrong but i’m allways told that magnets have a negative effent on memory components and batteries, or does this nog applly on phone components?

06/01/2014 at 21:29

Now i was thinking maybe the magnets to hold the covers isn’t a good idea, the cover protects the blocks by falling on the ground but then what if the magnets would not hold the cover and fals off because of the shock of the phone with the ground then the blocks aren’t protected anymore.I think there needs to be another a secondary way to hold the parts together.I’m going to think and work on that those days. If anyone have an idea please share it!!

04/01/2014 at 09:05

My goals :Make a total sketch of the phone using all things gathered from forum and get opinions. – DoneUsing opinions , slowly rectify mistakes done and add more ideas to make one more sketch . In progress Gather more opinions about the latest sketch done , if good , proceed to next step or else repeat previous steps . Make a small model expressing the last sketch for further understanding and realistic visualizing .Only you guys can help me to do this πŸ˜€

03/01/2014 at 15:43

tpamarkd wrote: I dislike it. what’s wrong with the unwasted screen space with the current design? Umm…I accept your view that you don’t like my idea .. That’s alright , but I dont quite get it why you dont like it .. If you could specify a bit more so that I could understand , I will try to improve and make a better model . According to the original idea , the front part is simply the touch screen . The screen part ( the front side of the phone ) according to my sketch , it’s in two attachable and detachable parts : the screen and the part covering it’s surrounding area . I did this because I had the idea of a double sided camera using just a single camera blok . I made a topic for that anyways I’ll explain it here too . Like if you use a small camera blok in the backside , whenever we want , we can put in a Filler/normal blok in its place and place the camera blok into a space in the top of the front side . Thats why I made the front cover , which will have a hole of the camera blok’s size in the top . So we can switch the camera blok from back to front .. Umm Maybe it’s a bit tough to understand by the manner I have explained here but you could see the Back Side Camera Topic in the Hardware section if you want . And also the front cover is for providing the screen a curved corner ..

new
03/01/2014 at 11:34

Flynn wrote: Thanks πŸ™‚ . I wonder … Shall we work together ? You could modify my idea to make it better and we could make a whole lot of ideas together πŸ™‚ Great skretch! Will look forward to this, its not looking that badtpamarkd wrote: I dislike it. what’s wrong with the unwasted screen space with the current design? Thats not that problem, people will be able to make / customize their own Phonebloks how ever they want so that unwasted space can be used! Sorry for late answer, i am on Vacation so i cant answer on all questions! Thanks!Team Phonebloks,Nikola

03/01/2014 at 07:18

I dislike it. what’s wrong with the unwasted screen space with the current design?

03/01/2014 at 02:15

Thanks πŸ™‚ . I wonder … Shall we work together ? You could modify my idea to make it better and we could make a whole lot of ideas together πŸ™‚

02/01/2014 at 23:27

Cool! Good idea! Same as i was tinking of but your idea is little bit better!!!!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing πŸ’ͺ