We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

My Shredder

This topic contains 37 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Cameron 1 year ago.

Olivier xxxolivierxxx

My Shredder

27/02/2017 at 01:18

It’s been a while since I started my Shredder project but didn’t have the time to actually finish it, but I can now say that my shredder is 99% complete (I say 99% because I have not attached the power cable yet, but I already have it)

Here are a few tips:

*Don’t use a motor that is less than 2hp. I purchased a 1/2HP motor and it does shred plastic, but the threaded part of the bottles makes the motor halt. A 2HP or more motor should not have this problem, and if possible, get a triphase one.
*I did not want to buy a perforated sheet of metal because I only needed a small square piece and the hardware store would not sell the amount I needed, so I grabbed a perforated metal sheet I found in an old speaker and it worked just fine (see pictures below)
*On my Shredder’s frame I soldered 4 small pieces of square tube that I can use to put a piece of wood, that will serve as a base for a trash can that will collect all the shredder plastic
*Get a DPDT rocker switch, that will allow you to reverse your shredder motor if the shredder gets jammed

Here are a few pictures:

37 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: My Shredder

warrior
16/11/2017 at 03:38

@dazawashere sorry, hasta ahorita veo su mensaje 😛

starter
20/11/2017 at 22:03

Hi Guys, I have a burning question in mind.

What if I add extra blades and make the shredder longer, will it give higher capacity/output of the plastic that will get shredded?
and want about the engine? can the same capacity work well if we add more blades?

Does anyone have ever try it before?

I would really appreciate it if someone can reply to me about it.
thank you very much in advance.

Cheers, Nila from Nijmegen.

dedicated
21/11/2017 at 11:59

@nonanoplastic With more blades and more plastic, you will need alot of power from your Motor. If you have that, then go for it, but as you see on the video that @xxxolivierxxx shared, then it has a hard time just shredding one bottle-button. I would advise to just go for the set 14 blades, and make it work with a motor that fits.
That would be most efficent and low cost, as i see it 🙂

– Mathias

helper
21/11/2017 at 22:54

hi, do u have the wireing details for the single phase motor. re, reversing switch diagram.

regards Ken
Tasmania,Australia

warrior
22/11/2017 at 01:00

@vk7dy yes but it might be too complex for humanity to understand 🙂
My motor had 6 wires and 2 of these wires are connected directly to the starter coil/capacitor (Wires 5 and 6 on my drawing). I used a simple DPDT switch, when the switch is in the middle position, the starter coil is powered but the motor does not spin.
This is not the most efficient/elegant solution, but it works just fine and it’s extremely cheap

Attachments:

helper
22/11/2017 at 01:08

thanks for your drawing..will try it..

regards Ken

look for me on google ,35 allambie Rd Orielton tas 7172
Little Devil Antennas Orielton TAS 7172

starter
13/12/2017 at 04:52

Hello @xxxoliverxxx,

I have a motor with similar specifications to the one you used in your build however on the gear reducer tag it says max output hp is .75 and the torque is around 560 lbs/in with an rpm of 68. I am curious if this sets my motor apart from yours? Unfortunately I have already purchased it and am hoping I didn’t waste money on something that won’t work. Any input you can offer is appreciated!

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪